Bigfish

875 auto

Bigfish

I have the opportunity to pick up a 875 auto. It runs has a nice petina, the deck is questionable though. Whats a fair price to offer for a horse like. 

Edited by Bigfish

Racinbob

An 854 is a 1964 and not an auto. I'd suggest that you verify the model. :)

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Imho, you would really need to  post a few pictures to help. 

I never heard of an auto 854.  Interesting.

Glenn

Sparky

And an 875 is a 1965 model....and is a hydro. Without pics and a good description of how the motor and tranny are it's impossible to give it a value.

Mike.....

ACman

:teasing-binkybaby: ...any pics ! They'd help identify that :wh:

• Like 1

Bigfish

Sorry. I had 754 on the brain. I corrected the post its an 875. Only have the one image from the post.

20160711_194850.png

• Like 4

Racinbob

Thank you for the clarification. I came back to this thread and the 854 auto became an 875. I know I'm losing it but I didn't think I was that far along. :unsure:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

It looks good from here.  If it runs good with a strong hydro...$300-$400.  A hundred more with a decent deck.

953 nut

Depending on how well it runs and how strong the hydro is I would say from $ 350 to $ 500 without any attachments.

Bigfish

So the $125 hes asking is a steal.. looks like im taking a drive.  

953 nut

Go get it NOW!

• Like 5

Bigfish

Im going up there tomorrow after work. He isnt free this evening. I saved enough for a new battery. Woohoo!!!!:woohoo:

• Like 1

kudzu3

Hurry, get it...Frank and Jesse will be proud. :ph34r:

TIGman

Bigfish it looks like a dandy 875. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'm restoring one right now.

Go bring her back home!!!

• Like 2

RedHorse54
5 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I paid $80 for this... I mow with it every week!

GEDC0035_zpse149bbbe.jpg

GEDC0034_zpsa4465333.jpg

With the bug eye head lights? Those alone are worth $200! You stole that tractor! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Bigfish  My only concern is the  transmission I have a had a few of these being the first year = Auto I think there a little weak. Make sure you check it out good if there any hills try and run up them and see if it slips. And the drive belts could be an issue. Very hard to find.= original belt. Good luck

• Like 1

T-Mo

That would be a steal at that price.  Here where I'm at, people tend to want a lot more for Wheel Horses than other brands.  So, that's a great price in my opinion.

• Like 1

ACman

:hand: If you PM me the address , I could go look at it for you . You know just to check it out  :happy-partydance: !

• Like 3

Bigfish
3 hours ago, T-Mo said:

That would be a steal at that price.  Here where I'm at, people tend to want a lot more for Wheel Horses than other brands.  So, that's a great price in my opinion.

They are priced stupid around here too. I have a rule that I don't pay over 250 for a complete running horse. That has served me well.  I have a routine and check every every day and I also have several friends that are in trades out hunting when they are on a job.. In the last 3-4 months I have been able to pick up a Bronco 14 with a good deck and hydro lift, chains and snow/dirt blade, a 754 with snow/dirt blade, Charger 12 and a c160 with disk harrow, plow and snow dirt blade for a grand total of 525 bucks. After this 875 I need to stop for a while or ill be living in the new pole barn per the wife.

Ill be sure to drive it around real good when I go up there today. What size belt does the 875 use?

4 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Bigfish  My only concern is the  transmission I have a had a few of these being the first year = Auto I think there a little weak. Make sure you check it out good if there any hills try and run up them and see if it slips. And the drive belts could be an issue. Very hard to find.= original belt. Good luck

WHX??
10 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Make sure you check it out good if there

:no: don't worry about any of that for 125...just go get it!

Really KC those lights alone!! Is the lettering on the front orginal? Don't think I've seen that style??

Edited by WHX7

Bigfish

Ok. So i call the guy to confirm pickup and price and ask the same questions i asked last night and now the engine runs but faintly blows blue smoke. Any advice?

gwest_ca

Tractor drive belt 6146 replaced by 8005 and both no longer available from Toro - (4L x 72" or 1/2" x 72")

Garry

KC9KAS
1 hour ago, WHX7 said:

:no: don't worry about any of that for 125...just go get it!

Really KC those lights alone!! Is the lettering on the front orginal? Don't think I've seen that style??

Lettering was just stick-on letters....They are long gone.

Yeah, my wife saw the lights and the hub caps and she knew that tractor was coming home!

She calls it "her" tractor.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

Ok. So i call the guy to confirm pickup and price and ask the same questions i asked last night and now the engine runs but faintly blows blue smoke. Any advice?

Buy it.  Running engines bring $200-400.   He probably has other offers by now.

• Like 3