Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Yep, it was me

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, I won the '95 520H on ebay with the 2 stage blower. Going to pick it up tomorrow. I hope spring soon gets here, so I can get the garage addition done!

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1200372222.jpg

Rollerman

Wow Eldon...do you have a favorite tractor? :D

That sucker looks so clean & well cared for too! :P

Stigian

Thats a nice find Eldon :D

You dont fancy selling me the engine for my Raider 10 do you?

LOL, only kidding :(:(

She sure looks a clean machine :P

kj4kicks

Thanks guys. I'll be able to tell better once I actually see it, but I honestly don't think the hour meter is right (at 999 hours). I have a feeling that the ignition key got left on by the PO (an "older" gentleman in his mid 70's) on more than one occasion. The blower sure wasn't used much, and the underside of the deck should tell the tale.

T-Mo

Congratulations, Eldon. It does look pretty clean and in great shape for it to have almost 1000 hours on it. It does look well cared for. Congratulations, again. Nice tractor.

Suburban 550

Congratulations and good luck with the tractor. Looks like a real beauty. I'm a new member and really enjoy this forum. Currently restoring a 1960 Suburban 550 which I hope to have done for the show.Hope to meet all of you there.

T-Mo

Suburban,

Welcome to the site. Of course, you know when you get your tractor done.... :P :D

nylyon

When I saw that on eBay, I thought man I only wish.... I am glad that it went to someone who I know is going to take excellent care of it. That is one clean machine, maybe even cleaner than my 416-H :D . Congratulations on your find Eldon, that will make a fine C-520 loader!

Greg B.

Nice, Eldon. Congratulations :D

Greg B.

chevelletown

Nice clean tractor Eldon! Does this mean your first 520 is for sale? :D

nylyon

I just re-read this, you posted this last night which means you're out there probably right now picking this up! :D :P

kj4kicks

Just got back from picking it up. If anyone else here bid on it, I have good news. I saved you some trouble. The pictures were much nicer than the machine. I can tell you that the hours are actual. There is a little bit of rust on the left side of the fender, and a couple of small spots on the hood. He claimed that they he thought they were just paint blisters, and that's why the description said "no rust". Meanwhile, there's about 15 green tractors in his shop in various stages of being repainted. Hmmmmmm.......

The steering is just a bit loose, no big deal. I should be able to adjust it out. There is some seapage in the hyd system. The blower has a bit more wear than the pictures showed.

He was very understanding about what I pointed out to him, and I gave him some options: come down on the price, or offer it to the second bidder. I told him right out, I didn't want to go home with an empty trailer, but I would.

In the end, we worked it out for $2200. Sounded fair to both parties involved.

So on the drive home (about 2 hours) I did alot of thinking. I think I'll keep both 520's, and sell both C-160's. The 416H will also get sold.

The garage is so full, I can't even put it inside, so for now it will live in the enclosed trailer.

Back to work on the 160 now.......

Eldon.

combatmp29r

I'm sorry to hear it Eldon. I've run into a few of those deals myself. Amazing what you can hide with a camera.

T-Mo

I'm also sorry to hear that, Eldon. It's too bad there aren't more honest people in the world. At least you got him to come down on the price and you didn't have to leave empty handed.

Rollerman

Thats to bad Eldon, I have gone after a couple tractors that way.

Where pics looked great & the owner would make it seem as though it was.

You get there & realise it was a "glamore shot" listing.

Still Eldon I bet it's a pretty nice 520H.

Mine had 990 hrs on it when I bought it & I'd of given it a score of 7 out of 10.

Good that you were able to work with him on the price...although a buyer should not have to.

I'm going to thin the herd "temporaily" myself & put my C 160 on the Red Square for sale section.

nylyon

You still picked it up so it's probably still pretty nice, but an honest listing up front is always best. Thinning out the C-160's and 416.... I only wish I had a good sized tractor budget, you have done some nice work on these machines, they will make someone proud! Wait, Stephen is thinking of putting up his C-160.... ARGH.. all these C-160's and so little money.... :D

CasualObserver

Suburban,

Welcome to the site. Of course, you know when you get your tractor done.... :(:P

Terry... the heck with "when your done"... Suburban 550... :( of the restoration!! In it's own thread of course....

no need for any "thread jacking"! jacked.gif

Eldon, I congratulate you on your find, and know that the "paint blisters" will be fixed by the master anyway!! :D

Nick

Eldon, Nice looking 520. You should be all set for the next big snow. I had thought about mentioning on here that my local dealer is selling a 2 stage blower for a customer at $1,250 with wheel weights. I think they sold around $2K new. So you did good at $2200 for tractor, 60" deck and the blower.

Sparky

Eldon. I still think that at that price you did good if its a good running/driving tractor. I bought a tractor off e-bay and drove 4 hours one way to get it. Once it was home I installed the deck that came with it (also a blower and tiller) just to find out how well it cut and the pto was all wobbly :D . Turns out the drive pulley on the engine(Briggs 11hp) had been loose for a LONG time and by chuckin back and forth had ruined the keyway on the crank and opened the hole in the drive pulley as well. I was able to rig it up to work as a trailer pullin tractor but it'll never run an attachment again.

I hate it when the seller takes a shot of the tractor right after sprayin it with a water hose to make it shine. Seen that done as well.

Mike........

MaineDad

Eldon,

Good to hear he came down on the price. There's an older man around here in his 80's that has a 520H with only 300 hours on it - bought new - I'm watching him like a hawk and just waiting for him to sell it.

Good luck selling the others...

chevelletown

Eldon I think its great that you called the seller out and got the price fairly adjusted :D In some way its guys like you that keep these "glamore shot" (thanks tickster) sellers under control. Good goin'

kj4kicks

Thanks guys. I guess it was more of a shock to see the difference, and not so much the price. But of course, when you see pics, and then the real thing doesn't measure up, your BP automatically goes up.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it was a Joe-Shmoe, but this guy new what rust was!

Venting complete.... Thanks again !

kpinnc

Sorry it was a bear for you Eldon, but glad you got it straightened out!

Also sorry to hear you're planning on shedding the 160's. I hope you find some more room instead!

Kevin

Rollerman

You have a point Eldon...I mean if the seller was restoring green tractors he was obviously an expert on rust. :D

PS no more talk of blood pressure...just have to see those letters & I spook. :P

T-Mo

There's an older man around here in his 80's that has a 520H with only 300 hours on it - bought new - I'm watching him like a hawk and just waiting for him to sell it.

So, Micah, stalking the elderly to get hold of a Wheel Horse, huh? :D Just kidding.....I could of went another way with this. :P