.5racer

Got this from work , bought the reciever

DSC00406.jpg

Made this , painted it and installed

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

A few problems ,

Top link is too high , hits abck of the D when lifted

Bottom pins too low ,wont drop down to lift latch a hitch , will take care of this spring and correct problems, for now you just have to hand connect

Might just cut off the total top tube and install on the bottom so the box is on bottom and the tabs on top too . Will tack up and test first this time ,,lol

pond195520032003

looks good :D have you tried it with the incert turned the other way with the 2" drop ball :hide: :hide:

Brrly1

Good answer, Greg either that or possibly a drop hitch of about 4" maybe, Don't know. I have to think that just flipping the hitch you have now would probably work! Again Good answer Burly

.5racer

That hitch it set up for the wood splitter , goes in both trucks that way and somewhat level. Still have to keep the top link from cramming into the GAS TANK though !! :hide:

TT

Terry, why don't you just cut the receiver loose from the bottom piece of box tubing, flip the bottom piece 180 degrees so the tabs on the ends point upward, and re-weld the receiver to the box tubing?

I'd say that would fix both issues at the same time, and I also bet you already though of doing it that way. :hide:

.5racer

Just waiting for spring. Got a snow blade for my F-150 to build to help with the contracts. Larger trailer in in the works also as well as a sand/salt bed. Trucks as well as the D are going to a box reciever sander for now. Easyer (spelling) to handle and switch from one to another . :hide:

stumpkicker

Hello I am Jimmy G New to this site! I have a d-160 and a smaller one.

I like your hitch! Can you give some measurements on steel I would like to try a modification of my own and pass it back if it works!

Thanks Jimy g Holland Ohio

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs: Jimmy

d180man

Hi nice job on it! :thumbs: