ohiofarmer

What other old iron addictions do you guys have?

Horse46
5 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Yes, but at least you know how to do it!!! Nice job. the guys I am talking about just cut them and do horrible things ,thinking that somehow they then become worth more as a cafe' racer.

@ohiofarmer thanks for the compliment. 

I get where you are coming from though, the chopper scene has past in the UK now and its all Cafe Racers, some are beautiful others are ......Scrap!

I just like stuff I can get my hands dirty with, the chopper thing was a follow up from a track bike build, and the Horse is what came along next.

Who knows where I go from here, I've always wanted to do a hotrod but never have the money or space or more importantly the skills, but never say never.

Horse46

Is that a Kohler motor?

elcamino/wheelhorse
16 hours ago, neil said:

A couple of pics of my other addiction along side my main addiction.

My 1968 Morris Minor pickup with my ride away senior . The senior is the only one in Europe.image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love that Morris Minor. It is beautiful 

• Like 5

WHX??

Used to be old Harleys or motor bikes of any kind. The reality shows however put that hobby out of reach for the average Joe  by the skyrocketing prices. Now it's old chainsaws of any kind, mostly Homelite's but not as nice as @wallfishs! Old outboards and just about anything that goes bang when it runs. Old trucks of any kind are always cool. Just about anything old I can afford, drag home & wife lets me keep....:hide:

• Like 2

howell1000

My shopsmiths are 10e and 10er  1940s

rjg854
11 hours ago, Horse46 said:

Is that a Kohler motor?

If you're asking me, that's a Briggs and Stratton BR6

WheelHorseNut
13 hours ago, Ranger13148 said:

This was my first project, then I was attacked by the :wh: bug! I'm finding there is no cure :teasing-poke:IMG_20140622_115810_732.jpg

Wow -- now that's cool!  Is that a tiller that's removable with a plow option?  Gonna have to look for that sorta thing.  Pretty cool!  If I think about all of the stuff I threw out when I was a kid, I'd probably cry.  Some of the engines that got scrapped... :roll:

elcamino/wheelhorse
2 hours ago, howell1000 said:

My shopsmiths are 10e and 10er  1940s

I have only seen pictures , but I understand they are real work horses.

C-101plowerpower
1 hour ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Wow -- now that's cool!  Is that a tiller that's removable with a plow option?  Gonna have to look for that sorta thing.  Pretty cool!  If I think about all of the stuff I threw out when I was a kid, I'd probably cry.  Some of the engines that got scrapped... :roll:

you should see the 2wheel tractors i had to pass on:lol:

• Like 1

howell1000

They say they are one of the best drillpress there is

rjg854
3 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

This is a 1947 Bolens Huski Gardener. You could have many attachments along with this 2-wheeled tractor.  I can't think of them all off hand, but some are....

Dozer plow 

Sickle mower

Sod plow

Discs

Cultivator

Many of the same types of attachments a :wh: would use.  These tractors predate WH and what the small farmer and gardeners used before the garden tractor came along.

• Like 1

Indiana_Steve

One of my "other" projects....

'79 spitfire.jpg

i love old Hondas , especially 305's.... here is one i have owned since 1973

hondadream002-1.jpg

i am  also addicted to hot rods. here is my latest project before the glass and top insert was installed

30couperunning%20005_zpsdkljsbfh.jpg

Edited by 305
  • Like 5

Horse46

@305 I'm loving the rod, one day I may be lucky enough to build my own. 

Short Circuit

I have appreciated old iron "toys" of any kind. But mostly if they eat gas, oil and make noises. 

My first big toy was a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that my brother and I put together. 

Then I got married and had to make room for her car.

After that it was/is a Cushman farm engine.

After that it is now two Wheel Horse tractors. Don't have pics of the WH's but here's the Plymouth and Cushman...

DSC08230.JPG

DSC08229.JPG

DSC08233.JPG

DSC04048.JPG

• Like 5

jay bee

LOVE the Plymouth!!!  Wish you, or especially me, had it today. 

Jim 

Indiana_Steve

Man I had a '57 Belvedere too! It was a convertible, only mine was stock. Yours looks sweet.

ohiofarmer
14 hours ago, Short Circuit said:

I have appreciated old iron "toys" of any kind. But mostly if they eat gas, oil and make noises. 

My first big toy was a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that my brother and I put together. 

Then I got married and had to make room for her car.

After that it was/is a Cushman farm engine.

After that it is now two Wheel Horse tractors. Don't have pics of the WH's but here's the Plymouth and Cushman...

DSC08230.JPG

DSC08229.JPG

DSC08233.JPG

DSC04048.JPG

ohiofarmer

It just so happens that one of the largest Cushmann shows is coming soon to Portland IN July 21-25. Friday and Saturday are the best days as a lot of guys pack up and leave on Sunday, http://visitjaycounty.com/see/festivals-events/vintage-bike-show

Lots of little Honda 70's and very weird Cushman variations that i never knew existed. What i really like about this show is that you can ride your vintage scooter or what have you to get around. Last year, I saw a brand new Wheel Horse deck for reasonable money, but I think that it could have been for newer tractors than mine. I was tempted, but did not know if it would adapt. If I see anything like that this year, I will pull the serial numbers and report it right away.

Tankman

Had many old iron projects in the past.

Nowadays I "work" with grandsons on garden tractors.

Allis-Front_Ags.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 3

Bigfish

Mine isnt as cool as the others posts, but for some reason Im drawn to the color red or names with Horse in them. Troybilt (garden way) Big Red Horse tillers. Ive used my pto BRH with hitch to pull dead wheel horses around. 

Im still looking for the generator and pto log splitter. 

20160313_134447.jpg

• Like 1

cruisnblue48

I have an addiction for dirt track racing. This is my other ride... an early 1960's era vintage dirt track race car...

1208966_712188782129631_617724568_n.jpg

1235532_712186442129865_903269093_n.jpg

100_0727.jpg

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 5

T-Mo
On 7/7/2016 at 10:29 PM, neil said:

A couple of pics of my other addiction along side my main addiction.

My 1968 Morris Minor pickup with my ride away senior . The senior is the only one in Europe.image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Neil, I watched "Wheeler Dealers" on a cable network called Velocity here in the states.  A couple of years back they did a Morris Minor Traveler.  What a neat vehicle that was, similar to our Woodies here in the states from the 30s and 40s.  That Morris Minor truck of yours is pretty neat.  Love to see more of it.

• Like 2

JC 1965

WOW  !!   All really neat collectibles.    :thumbs2:  I like all of them.