dells68

Horses tucked away in their new stall

stevebo

Looks good but i see room for some shelves in the back to store the parts/tires and then you can pack a few more in there...

• Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

One word, cozy. Shhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't let the mrs. hear us.

Glenn

• Like 5

dells68
2 hours ago, stevebo said:

Looks good but i see room for some shelves in the back to store the parts/tires and then you can pack a few more in there...

Just what I was thinking Steve!  Don't know how, but I somehow missed meeting you at the show - think I saw you in passing.  We need a longer show so we can all have time to meet and talk :wh:!

• Like 2

neil

Nice variety of tractor you have , what's ya favourite ?

• Like 2

dells68

Hey Neil.  I honestly like them all, but am partial to the suburbans.  My son has the two that are fixed up and the rat in the works is mine. For pure brute strength you can't beat a GT14.  Staying in hospital with Dad - they keep coming in so there's no chance of rest.  I keep thinking of things I could do to the rat;).  

• Like 3

elliot ness

Nice collection sir. I tend to like the GT14 also.:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

953 nut

I continue prayer for your dad's operation and for you as his primary care giver. The :wh: look like they miss you.

• Like 1

dells68

Richard I'm in shock at the differences in Dad's surgery and the one he had done 12 years ago.  It looks like he is getting to go home later today!  He's doing really well.  Once we get home, I'll probably disappear from here for a short while as I stay with him during his recovery.  Please continue to keep him in your prayers for a good and successful recovery.

• Like 2

ACman

Dells , nice herd ! I've seen that bronco somewhere  :confusion-scratchheadblue: ? Make sure you're taking care of yourself also . Seems like family caregivers don't get the credit for what they do (24/7) . Praying for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

dells68

Thanks so much Jeff.  Got a sneaky feeling the horses may get hungry for the next few weeks.  I am going to take them to our tractor club's annual show.  Our president is wanting to get more garden tractors involved and what better way to do that than with the herd!  Only thing is I'll be in and out with dad and they'll be on their own for three days!

• Like 1

ACman

If I would've known that , I'd let you borrow the trackchair , so your dad could go if he's feeling up to it . But the again who would be playing with it more , dad , you , or Emory ? :ychain:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Yes Sir, that's a very nice stall. I like the crushed stone floor.

• Like 1

dells68
57 minutes ago, ACman said:

If I would've known that , I'd let you borrow the trackchair , so your dad could go if he's feeling up to it . But the again who would be playing with it more , dad , you , or Emory ? :ychain:

Honestly it could be any one of us.  That's one awesome chair!  I wish Dad could go, but it's on a historic homestead our club maintains and he doesn't want to mess up his  new knee on the uneven ground.

48 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Yes Sir, that's a very nice stall. I like the crushed stone floor.

I like the stone too.  I hauled and wheelbarrowed 6900 pounds of gravel into it.  Don't know that I want to see anymore gravel for a while:banana-explosion:.  Tried to figure a way to haul with one of the horses, but that would have been just as hard given my limited access and I backed the trailer up near the door anyway.  On another note, just ordered something else for the rat rod.  Too much fodder in me toeave well enough alone;).

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Maybe your next Wheel Horse should have a front loader attached to it. :)

• Like 2

dells68

I'd love one!  I had already said I could have just drove up on the trailer, got a bucket load of stone and dumped it out.

• Like 2

dells68

Sitting here playing on my phone for a little while longer.  Dad is going home today (after just having a knee replacement yesterday!).  Catch everyone sometime down the road!

• Like 1

dells68

Snuck away long enough to mow my own yard.  Wife and son are staying with dad.  Hope to get to play with the rat horse a little this weekend, as Dad is getting more mobile and able to watch tv, read the paper, etc now.  Keep on keeping on guys!   Check in again soon!

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Hang in there. Spend all the time with your parents that you can. You will miss them when they're gone.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Now that is a nice stall!!!

• Like 1

dells68
On July 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Wheel-N-It said:

Hang in there. Spend all the time with your parents that you can. You will miss them when they're gone.

We lost mom last fall.  Dad and I are very tight now.  Just went for dr visit to get his dressing changed and are eating at Hardee's.  I'm enjoying every minute being with him and having Emory with us when we can.  Been piddling on my rat rod when dad naps.  I'll post an update later this week when we get back for therapy.

• Like 2

953 nut

Dells, I am sorry to hear about the setback in your father's health. I pray that the infection can be eliminated and he will be restored to good health promptly.  

• Like 3

dells68

Thanks Richard.  He goes in at 5:00 Monday morning for surgery.  I'll post something as soon as I can.  Please continue to keep him in your prayers!

• Like 3

Racinbob

Our prayers are with your family dells.

• Like 3

ACman

Same , from me dells :pray: .

• Like 3