wildbill59

New member, my first Wheel Horse!

AlwaysLookin80

That tractor looks awesome!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey bill, welcome aboard,,,nice rig you got. Best of luck.  :text-welcomeconfetti:       :wh:       :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

OK, I have to ask.... How are the rear wheels adapted to the tractor? [noticing that the dish of the wheel is on the outside] Are the front wheels also non-standard?

Oh, and what a beast!

• Like 1

Horse46
1 minute ago, ohiofarmer said:

OK, I have to ask.... How are the rear wheels adapted to the tractor? [noticing that the dish of the wheel is on the outside] Are the front wheels also non-standard?

Oh, and what a beast!

Good spot, no wheel nuts/lugs on the rear:think:

Oh almost for got, an :WRS:

• Like 1

JPWH

:WRS:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@wildbill59 :WRS:  Nice find and with a FEL to boot!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1

T-Mo

Nice find.

• Like 1

elliot ness

Nice Score, Love those Wheel Horses and with a loader, you won the lottery sir.:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:  Nice looking :wh:, mot sure which of these fits your needs, but here are a couple of OMs.

• Like 1

Achto

Nice tractor! :WRS:

• Like 1

Thisguyisnew

Was the white dash paint standard on the C-161? Really makes the control panel pop

Edited by Thisguyisnew
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: Looks like a great first :wh:. Always thought one with a loader would come in very handy 

• Like 1

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum wildbill. Looks like a real worker! Wish it was sitting in my garage!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome to :rs:. That is a nice looking tractor. 

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Thisguyisnew said:

Was the white dash paint standard on the C-161? Really makes the control panel pop

The Dash support would have been red leaving the factory, but it is yours now and you can have it any color you want (though we discourage the green and yellow combination)!  :ychain:

• Like 2

Daddy Don

Great tractor and welcome

• Like 1

Digger 66
11 hours ago, achto said:

Nice tractor!

^...(s) 

• Like 1

Wildhorse

That is sweet with loader!

• Like 1

wildbill59
20 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Oh, and what a beast!

The rear wheels - magic!!! :scared-ghostface: No, great question, I noticed that when I went to look at it. The previous owner - a very cool old guy, and quite a tinkerer/cobbler/fabricator - welded pairs of rims together for larger tires, you gotta reach through the center hole with a long extension to get to the lug nuts. Again, really haven't had a chance to play with it yet - looking forward to seeing what's up here when I pull the tires off of the wheels. I have a set of good ags on reasonable sized rims, so I think they're going on there. As far as the front wheels - seems like the tires are from a golf card, and the PO has a couple of carts, so I'm guessing... Good eye, ohiofarmer!

wildbill59
18 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:  Nice looking :wh:, mot sure which of these fits your needs, but here are a couple of OMs.

953 nut, you're the man! I was looking through the manual section, but I saw it listed as wiring diagrams, and not noticing the OM (owners manual - duh!). These are fantastic, just what I needed. Now I gotta try to find a manual for the FEL...

7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The Dash support would have been red leaving the factory, but it is yours now and you can have it any color you want (though we discourage the green and yellow combination)!  :ychain:

Yeah, we can do without the green and yellow! It's funny, the PO was an interesting old guy that wasn't afraid to 'decorate' his tractors with paint, decals, badges, etc. But surprisingly, this C-161 stayed fairly stock. I just went out with a flashlight to check it out, and yep - someone must have painted it white. One of the few deviations from stock as far as appearances go (well, except for funky wheels and tires!). Good eye, Thisguyisnew - and you're right, it's a nice contrast, think I'll leave it like that!

10 hours ago, Thisguyisnew said:

Just learning how to do multiple quotes, I guess - there's a reply further down, Thisguyisnew. Thanks for your comment, I like the white too!

wildbill59

Guys (and gals?) - thanks for all the great replies and warm welcomes! Seems like a great forum and a friendly community, I'm honored to be a part of it. Gotta post some pictures soon of my other new-to-me Wheel Horse, a sweet little 854 with a strange but awesome home-built grille/hood. Thanks again!

Edited by wildbill59
  • Like 1

JC 1965

• Like 1