JVDWheelHorse

Shower Head Muffler

JVDWheelHorse

Hey all! I am curious about the shower head mufflers and maybe you guys can help me. I am curious why they are so collectible and how much are they worth? Thanks!

• Like 1

RedRanger

Collectible because they were original to the early model tractors and collectible because they are no longer made and collectible because they are rare to find.

Price depends on condition.  I've seen them $100-$300.

They also look damn cool.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

It all comes down to originality, and originality comes at a premium on consumable parts like a muffler.

• Like 4

T-Mo

This is where a company like HAPCO should step in and offer reproduction parts like they do for John Deere.  I'm sure there would be a large enough market since there are a lot of older Wheel Horses out there.  I'm sure Kate and Brandon would be willing to listen and may entertain the idea.

• Like 6

SPINJIM
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

This is where a company like HAPCO should step in and offer reproduction parts like they do for John Deere.  I'm sure there would be a large enough market since there are a lot of older Wheel Horses out there.  I'm sure Kate and Brandon would be willing to listen and may entertain the idea.

I suggested that to Kate last time I saw her.  She liked the idea, but I think they're too involved in phasing in parts for the other company that they recently bought out (Panzer parts ??).   If enough people suggest it, maybe they will consider WH repro parts next.

Jim

Hey Jacob,

There are at least three sizes of 'shower head' mufflers available.   The smallest one, with the tapered rear body, is the rare one.   There is a slightly larger one available for about $10, but it has a different shape.   The old one is important only if you want a 100% restoration.  I have a Suburban with the rare one on it, and you can see it if your dad brings you over.  It came with the tractor.  I would not have spent the money to buy it separately.

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM

JVDWheelHorse
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Collectible because they were original to the early model tractors and collectible because they are no longer made and collectible because they are rare to find.

Price depends on condition.  I've seen them $100-$300.

They also look damn cool.

2 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

It all comes down to originality, and originality comes at a premium on consumable parts like a muffler.

I figured they were collectible because they were original but I never thought the prices would be so darn expensive! Thanks!

2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

32 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

I suggested that to Kate last time I saw her.  She liked the idea, but I think they're too involved in phasing in parts for the other company that they recently bought out (Panzer parts ??).   If enough people suggest it, maybe they will consider WH repro parts next.

Jim

Hey Jacob,

There are at least three sizes of 'shower head' mufflers available.   The smallest one, with the tapered rear body, is the rare one.   There is a slightly larger one available for about $10, but it has a different shape.   The old one is important only if you want a 100% restoration.  I have a Suburban with the rare one on it, and you can see it if your dad brings you over.  It came with the tractor.  I would not have spent the money to buy it separately.

Jim

Thats a great idea, but you kind of have to wonder if they would almost lose their originality if everyone had one? But what do I know :) and thanks Jim I will look into it more and see if I can find a comparison between the two. And I'd love to see it! Not sure I would spend that much either! 

Ken B

I saw a real nice one at the Big Show for 100 bucks, I almost bought it, just for future reference...

AMC RULES

Saw this one for $50 recently...

medium.IMG_5191.JPG.6b98841fd855640242f9

• Like 2