Mike C

Concrete Slab pulling

Mike C

If you are looking for something fun and challenging there are a few concrete slab pulls throughout the summer and early fall in central Mass and southern NH.  The next pull is at the Cheshire Fair grounds ( http://www.cheshirefair.org/ ) in Swanzey, NH on August 5th.  You can find the setup rules here http://static1.squarespace.com/static/554252f8e4b0376dfa63358e/t/576408d98419c28ad941d814/1466173659249/Tractor-Pulls-LG%2B2016.pdf .  This type of pulling consists of pulling a steel sled weighted with concrete blocks on a concrete slab, we run 4 classes, 900lb, 1200lb 1500lb and 1800lb.  the 900lb class has been known to pull 5000lb's + the full pull distance of 6'.  If your interested come check it out, it can be entertaining.  I know there are a few others I pull with who post here, please feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll answer what I can.

-Mike

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Mike C

Thank you Craig

312Hydro

:WRS: Sounds pretty interesting. Are there any links to some videos of the pulls?

Mike C

I'll see what I can find, Chris11 is one of the more competitive pullers at these events and may have some pics or photos as well.

Mike C

I found one, and it happens to be one of RedSquare's tractor builders pulling at the Spencer fair.  @ the :44 mark you'll see a WH at the end of the pad when he pulls forward, that's mine.  I believe that final round was between him and I.   --- and he won !!

Edited by Concrete
  • Like 1