npjstables

4 wheeled wagon wheels

npjstables

I just  bought a 4 wheeled wagon and I need to replace the rims but all the rims I have found would require spacers to make them to the size of the ones that are on here does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get the right rims for my wagon?

953 nut

If you know the year of manufacture on the wagon I believe the front rims from that year's larger tractor should be right.

sdhdcouple

got a picture of the wagon

DTOM

I just looked at my 1974 4 wheel wagon's wheels and the closest it compares to is a rj35.

npjstables

Here's a picture of the wagon

image.png

image.png

stevebo

May I ask why the rims need to be replaced? I would be interested in the originals if you are going to replace.

npjstables

Planing on restoring and I don't know how much pitting there will be if I sandblast the rims 

DTOM

Those wheels  look very restorable. Its worth the effort to sand blast, fill, sand, prime, and paint to keep the original wheels.  

• Like 2

BenTheWheelHorseMan
8 hours ago, Philhendricks said:

Here's a picture of the wagon

image.png

image.png

I saw that on cl. It was in plymouth right? If so it looked like a pretty good deal.

stevebo

I agree they are can be restored but if you decide not to send me a pm;)

ohiofarmer

These have worked very well for me, but the wheels will wear quickly if you get them in a bind.I usually use the one for the mini grinder. The brushes are slower, but much more durable. A variable speed drill for the brushes that reaches higher speed is preferable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=abrasive+wheel 

Both product pictured are pretty kind to the metal and do not leave severe marks like a sandpaper wheel. They probably cut the work in half or better, and your hand sanding can start with a finer grit. The brushes are better in tight places like inside curves in wheels. The wheels take off old paint very well and can even make the steel look shiny. I hate to see people leave big grind marks in sheet metal as it is pretty hard to fill them in later. The wheels are outstanding on stuff like sheet metal that has no protruding parts. They are about the same thing as liquid paint stripper in how the metal looks afterward. If you have raw steel with mill scale, the wheels are just outstanding in quick removal. I am seeing more brand name wheels at Lowes for a higher price, but they look like better quality

Try them and you will wonder how you lived without them, at least that is how I feel.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1

sdhdcouple

that is neat,  i like that.  I would like one of those some day.  really cool.