nylyon

Something Special to do at the next show?

nylyon

I spoke briefly with Billy at the show, and he was really excited by the prospect that RedSquare could sponsor an event such as the 'build-off" which never took off.  The thing that he liked about that was the WHCC didn't need to do anything, but it would be great for everyone.  So with that said:

Let's come up with ideas where RedSquare can contribute for the next WHCC show.  This can be anything, including something sponsored.  An example could be that since the theme for 2017 is 520's, perhaps we can have a "Vote" for the best 520?  Where entrants submit their machine on Thursday / Friday and we have an on-line vote which concludes on Saturday with the winner getting the cover for the 2018 RS Calendar and xxx (what ever xxx is).  

So what are your thoughts?

• Like 4

tunahead72

I think the "vote" is an excellent idea.  When I got back to work yesterday, I explained the show to my boss.  After hearing about all the cool tractors that were on display, the first thing he asked is whether there were any prizes to reward the guys who spent so much of their time and money to build them.  I hadn't even thought about it,  but it's such an obvious addition to an already excellent show.

• Like 2

nylyon

Maybe we can have the "RedSquare featured tractor award" with a first, second and third place plaque voted for by the forum members?

• Like 4

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:     Perhaps we could sponsor a Poker Run, participants would go to five separate locations to pick up a card, highest hands win prizes that would be part of the loot that would have been part of the Saturday drawings. To prevent collusion the first card picked up would be at the registration table and would be numbered, as additional cards were picked up that number would be written on each card obtained. It could be done for a fixed period of time, ( 9:00 am to 11:00 am for example) and have a couple of people at each station. Vendors like Glenn Pettit, Bob Maynerd, Fun Engineer and Vinylguy who are members could have a poker card station next to them (manned by volunteers, not them) making the stations easy to find and drawing more people to them (Win-Win). Cost to RedSquare would be a few decks of cards and a few colored magic markers.

• Like 9

Wheel-N-It

I like the Poker Run idea. I've done this on motorcycles and its fun!

• Like 3

JPWH

:text-yeahthat:

Hodge71
6 hours ago, nylyon said:

Maybe we can have the "RedSquare featured tractor award" with a first, second and third place plaque voted for by the forum members?

5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:     Perhaps we could sponsor a Poker Run, participants would go to five separate locations to pick up a card, highest hands win prizes that would be part of the loot that would have been part of the Saturday drawings. To prevent collusion the first card picked up would be at the registration table and would be numbered, as additional cards were picked up that number would be written on each card obtained. It could be done for a fixed period of time, ( 9:00 am to 11:00 am for example) and have a couple of people at each station. Vendors like Glenn Pettit, Bob Maynerd, Fun Engineer and Vinylguy who are members could have a poker card station next to them (manned by volunteers, not them) making the stations easy to find and drawing more people to them (Win-Win). Cost to RedSquare would be a few decks of cards and a few colored magic markers.

Love both these ideas...everyone would be equal with the poker run...unless they have a 520 HC of course.....

Edited by Hodge71
  • Like 2

wallfish

unless 520 owners get a wild card because after all, it is the feature tractor

• Like 1

HUDSON89

I like  both ideas

nylyon

John and Bob, good point on the award thingie.

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   :text-goodpost:   :text-+1:   :angry-nono:

• Like 6

nylyon

Remember, that was just a sample of what we can do, the purpose of this thread is to see if we can come up with something which we can do at the show which is special.

T-Mo

Having never been to the show, I doubt if I can make a decent suggestion.  I know at the Owensville Steam Engine and Antique Tractor Show in Rosebud, Missouri, they had a tractor pull for the L&G crowd.  And one year we plow a small field with our plows.  Problem on that one, it was extremely hot that summer, near 100 and heat index was well over 100 degrees.  Sorry for the green machine in the photo.  We had JDs, CCs, Sears, that summer plowing.

Photo0312.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

In the Antique outboard hobby I belong to our chapter no longer does first, second and third place type awards. I'm not tooting my horn but for two yrs. in a row I'm personally responsible for making a few guys very unhappy. Time and money doesn't always deserve a trophy and some guys have a real hard time with that. Oh the whining... 

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, gulftane said:

fastest way to RUIN the friendly feelings and fun at the WHCC show would be to foster serious 'for trophy" competition.

anen.jpg

• Like 9

19richie66

Think this might have been done before but........I went to a mountain bike festival one year and they had a slowest bike race. Everyone started out riding on a paved oval that was like a small high school track in one direction. The announcer would call out switch directions and everyone would turn around. Go a bit and switch again. After turning around a couple times the announcer would call last lap. You couldn't put your feet down, you couldnt go backwards and you couldn't stop(on a bike pretty impossible without putting your feer down). Any of these got you tossed out. On the last lap it was announced that third was actually first place, second was second and first across the line was last. It was hilarious watching people trying to go slow without getting disqualified. Not sure how this could be adapted to tractors but a slow tractor race would be cool. 

rtfbg
12 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Think this might have been done before but........I went to a mountain bike festival one year and they had a slowest bike race. Everyone started out riding on a paved oval that was like a small high school track in one direction. The announcer would call out switch directions and everyone would turn around. Go a bit and switch again. After turning around a couple times the announcer would call last lap. You couldn't put your feet down, you couldnt go backwards and you couldn't stop(on a bike pretty impossible without putting your feer down). Any of these got you tossed out. On the last lap it was announced that third was actually first place, second was second and first across the line was last. It was hilarious watching people trying to go slow without getting disqualified. Not sure how this could be adapted to tractors but a slow tractor race would be cool. 

yea .. better think this thru!!!  My D200 will CRAWL at about 1/2 of a tire revolution per minute!!!  We would ALL be sleepin!!  LOL

• Like 4

19richie66

Yeah I guess you're right. Everyone would leave friday after the show and the slow tractor race would still be going Saturday morning  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

wallfish

A few years ago in Granby MA a member @Rideawaysenior (Jack), was running the tractor pulls but it really wasn't a competition except for bragging rights. It was fun to watch what an RJ-58 could pull. Think he went up to 600 lbs. and still pulled it with no problem at all. They were just using a flat bottom sled so something like an old flat bottom boat might work for it and not tear up the ground. Also saw Wayne, @Crazywheelhorseman, out pull large farm tractors with his belt driven Wheel Horse garden tractor! Those Farm tractor guys weren't too happy.

I'm sure people would like to try and see what their tractor could pull.( within reason and SAFELY!!!!!!)

Maybe a simple obstacle coarse with cones which requires driver accuracy, not speed and then pull a sled???? Or, just an obstacle coarse??? Back up trailer contest????

Just thinking out loud

• Like 3

857 horse

Im liken everything im hearing.........i like the slow tractor race.....

100feet......cant take forever..........can it??   lol            

Best dressed Tent??

In the parade.....have Yard trailer Floats ???     

Widest back tires???

Jay in NC would have won loudest this year,,,,lolololllol 

thinking out loud.....excuse the empty place where you can seee lite thru my brain....

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Say what?IMG_5011.JPG 

I can't hear you.    :confusion-helpsos:

• Like 4

wallfish

Jay2.jpg

• Like 4