nylyon

Something Special to do at the next show?

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Jay2.jpg

Did you say throttle it up some more?:lol:

• Like 1

rtfbg

I have an idea for a "poker run" of sorts.  If we had a set of 24 cards, each with a different model WH on them.  Stacks of each card would be given to people who are showing that particular model tractor.  There would be a few left, or we could make special cards for the vendors, so that each participant would need to try and find all 24 cards.  Cards would be numbered so you would know easily if you were missing one, but unless you compared your cards to your buddies, you might know know what tractor was on the missing card.  Another fun "rule" might be that NO cards would be given to walking people!!  Everyone who gets a card must be on a tractor!!  Prizes?  First, you get to keep your cards, second a few hats or decals something like that for full set finders.

If this ends up being a liked idea, I will donate the cards, I have a buddy who owns a print shop, and he will work with me.  24 cards is the number he runs per sheet on his press, thats why I selected that.  We could do a run of 250 sets of cards,(6000 cards total) for about $200.  Don't know how many participants we would have but 250 seemed like a fair guess??   It would be fun for me collecting nice color pics of all the models we use.  

Lots of variables, we could cut it down to 12 card sets, and have 500 sets for the same $$$.  etc.

card idea sample ....

#1 GT14.jpg

• Like 2

rmaynard

All these ideas sound fun, but how long do they take? There is only so much time to do and see everything that is there as it is. With hundreds of tractors to see, barns and tents full of parts vendors and tractors to pick through, friends to meet and talk with, scheduled WHCC parades which can last hours, pictures, food, not to mention those of us who are selling products, I don't see where there is enough time to get involved in another planned event. This is why all the talk over the years of doing "something" never comes to pass.

Just my :twocents-02cents: worth.

• Like 6

19richie66

Sounds like Red Square needs a fall show :happy-partydance::happy-partydance:

• Like 5

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

It's looking more and more to me like the Big Show needs to be a week long event. Now my daughter, her husband, and the two grandkids want to rent a motorhome and attend their first big show next year. It sure would be nice to have a few extra days there to enjoy being around you guys and get some rest in between searching for parts and Tractors.

• Like 4

Fun Engineer

I don't know how I'd find the time for any more activities. I did enjoy the slow tractor races and tractor pulls we used to have back in the day. No awards or trophys. Just bragging rights. Wild Bill was always a favorite. Of course back 15 years ago, the show did not have the attendance it does now and there was lots of open space. 

Just thinking out loud. Could RedSquare sponsor an activity or portion of the show? It's pretty obvious that we have a large presence at the show. 

• Like 2

nylyon
2 minutes ago, Fun Engineer said:

Just thinking out loud. Could RedSquare sponsor an activity or portion of the show? It's pretty obvious that we have a large presence at the show. 

Yes!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I think the kids would like there very own parade...

over heard a few of 'em complaining about how boring our parade was. 

They were expecting more along the lines of a traditional parade that includes...clowns, floats, and costumes. 

Maybe something where everyone can vote on the best costume, decorated tractor, or both. 

• Like 5

roadapples
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

..clowns, floats, and costumes. 

clowns we`ve got...      :ROTF:       :ychain:

• Like 9

AMC RULES

Some decorated tractors, we've got too.  :clap:

IMG_5291.JPG

• Like 5

rtfbg
On 7/1/2016 at 7:00 AM, 19richie66 said:

Sounds like Red Square needs a fall show :happy-partydance::happy-partydance:

Yea, a Fall SOUTHERN show!!!

• Like 4

wallfish
On 7/1/2016 at 10:01 PM, nylyon said:
On 7/1/2016 at 9:58 PM, Fun Engineer said:

Yes!

How about an extra day with some donations, a $5 or $10 charge at the gate to pay for the fairgrounds, volunteers to help set up?

A RedSquare Wednesday pre-show meet-n-greet.

Maybe we could just use the big field to the left side so not to impact any WHCC stuff that goes on.

• Like 4

rtfbg
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

How about an extra day with some donations, a $5 or $10 charge at the gate to pay for the fairgrounds, volunteers to help set up?

A RedSquare Wednesday pre-show meet-n-greet.

Maybe we could just use the big field to the left side so not to impact any WHCC stuff that goes on.

While I'm new to RS, Bob has been around the block a time or two!!  This is the FIRST event of this type I have ever been to, where participants did not pay, at least a small amount, towards the event.  I really do apprciate the efforts of the WHCC yo keep this free, but honestly, I would have been glad to pay $5-$10 per day to participate.  I felt sorry for the guy with the D250 and his wife who appeared to take care of th eTONS of garbage on their own!!!

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, gulftane said:

Yea, a Fall SOUTHERN show!!!

NAH...Northern Mid-West would be better...:ychain:

19richie66

hey we could have a show halfway........ Somewhere around Pennsylvania  :thumbs:

• Like 3

wallfish
2 minutes ago, gulftane said:

While I'm new to RS, Bob has been around the block a time or two!!  This is the FIRST event of this type I have ever been to, where participants did not pay, at least a small amount, towards the event.  I really do apprciate the efforts of the WHCC yo keep this free, but honestly, I would have been glad to pay $5-$10 per day to participate.

That's why it's so important to support the WHCC by being or becoming a member, buying raffle tickets and/or shirts and hats. That's what allows it to be the best show around.

• Like 6

Fun Engineer

How bout  Bob Maynard using his tractor to give us water skiing rides. :)

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

If sliding around losing skin did not hurt, some of those sudden stops would make you take notice. I thought I did some dumb A - - things in my younger days.