BenTheWheelHorseMan

Northern Indiana Power From the Past

BenTheWheelHorseMan

I am increasingly excited that the show is right around a mont away. I live within ten miles of the show so I will be there. Who else is going?

• Like 1

ztnoo

So where can the info for this show be found?

I know nothing about it, and I live here in Indiana.

BenTheWheelHorseMan
25 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

You beat me to it. lol It would be neat to have a few more wheel horses. There is a decent turnout but the more the merrier.

ztnoo

Eureka !

Shazam...................

BenTheWheelHorseMan
11 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Eureka !

Shazam...................

That's the kind of excitement we like to see!:happy-jumpeveryone:  the only thing that could be an issue I that being a small town we don't have any opportunities to stay in a hotel. However you can camp on site or in a state park that is a couple of miles out of town.

BenTheWheelHorseMan

I know this thread is old, but the show starts tomorrow! I am psyched!:greetings-clappingyellow:

Lane Ranger

My brother David Ralph and I will be there on Friday and Saturday with three of our Wheel Horse RJ tractors!   We have been attending the Winamac, Indiana "Power From the Past Show "  for seven years!

I know Rod Woodling is planning on attending and Billie Orr also this year.

PFTP2016.jpg

BenTheWheelHorseMan

I will be there the whole show. I will probably spend most of my time at my family's hit and miss engine display. Perks of living in winamac, I have been going to this show as long as I can remember. Maybe we will see each other. If not have a good time at the show!

Lane Ranger

I took quite a few pictures at this year's "Power From the Past Show"  held in Winamac, Indiana.

Lots of Wheel Horses,  other Red Square members and fun times.   

This is a sampling from Friday and Saturday this past weekend.

031.JPG

033.JPG

048.JPG

052.JPG

053.JPG

051.JPG

049.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

030.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

045.JPG

043.JPG

034.JPG

DSCN9683.JPG

DSCN9682.JPG

DSCN9681.JPG

DSCN9680.JPG

DSCN9685.JPG

DSCN9684.JPG

DSCN9688.JPG

DSCN9687.JPG

DSCN9690.JPG

DSCN9691.JPG

DSCN9703.JPG

DSCN9705.JPG

DSCN9710.JPG

DSCN9715.JPG

DSCN9712.JPG

DSCN9717.JPG

DSCN9693.JPG

DSCN9694.JPG

DSCN9695.JPG

DSCN9689.JPG

DSCN9704.JPG

DSCN9702.JPG

DSCN9701.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

058.JPG

• Like 6

AMC RULES

All awesome picts, as usual Lane.  :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 1

Howie

I went over to show Friday, talked with Lane and his brother for a good while. Didn't take my tractor over with me,since was only there for part of the day.

I am only 22 miles away so it doesn't take long to get there. Nice to talk with other Wheel Horse people.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Howie:   We enjoyed visiting with you  at the Power From the Past!   It was the best show we have gone to in seven years at Winamac.

RedRanger
13 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

DSCN9715.JPG

DSCN9717.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

058.JPG

So what was this about?????  What is the metal square on the chain?

Some kind of game?

Lane Ranger

RedRanger:   Richard Layne from Mentone, Indiana  sets the chain on a pin inside the middle of the 12 inch square  "BOX" .  The box has pins on each corner.  Richard demonstrates putting all the chain in the box by going back and forth and jumping the horse by letting the clutch out in third gear!

Here is a short video link of Richard at work on this!

057.MOV

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks so much for the picture. That looks like a great show.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ztnoo
      By ztnoo
      Indiana Bicentennial
      December 11, 1816 - December 11, 2016

President James Madison approved Indiana's admission into the union as the nineteenth state on December 11, 1816.
      Indiana is the 38th largest by area and the 16th most populous of the 50 United States. Its capital and largest city is Indianapolis.
      Indiana is divided into 92 counties.
      As of 2010, the state includes 16 metropolitan and 25 micropolitan statistical areas, 117 incorporated cities, 450 towns, and several other smaller divisions and statistical areas.
      Hoosier History Highlights: http://www.in.gov/ibc/2614.htm
      Happy Birthday, INDIANA!
      The Home of Wheel Horse Tractors!

The Indiana State Flag was designed by Paul Hadley of Mooresville, Indiana. In 1914, the Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution offered a prize of $100 to the person who could design a state banner. Paul Hadley's design was accepted and submitted to the General Assembly of 1917 for official adoption. The addition of the word INDIANA was the only change made by the General Assembly.

The torch stands for liberty and enlightenment and the rays show their far-reaching influence. The thirteen original states are represented by the outer circle of thirteen stars. The inner five stars represent the next five states to enter the union. The larger star above the torch signifies the nineteenth state - Indiana.
      *  http://www.in.gov/history/2687.htm 

• ztnoo
      By ztnoo
      Gentlemen,
      I've been around here for about 2 1/2 months now and I'm amazed at the knowledge base, expertise, and camaraderie here at RS.
      Everything I've had questions about has always been promptly and expertly replied to, and in almost every case, has solved whatever question or specific problem I have had.
      I'm ecstatic I've found this place. I feel so fortunate.
      In my quest to keep a 47 year old Wheel Horse tractor running and working, I feel like I've found paradise here at RS

As a part of becoming a member of this community, I have begun to note and take interest in meets relatively close to me that I could fairly easily scope out and see what goes on at these events.
      First on my list is the upcoming meet in Mentone, IN on April 30.
      Interestingly, even though I don't live in that area of Indiana, I do have some familiarity with it.
      My family owned a lake cottage beginning in 1936 which I sold in May of 2013, about 10 miles from Mentone, so I know exactly how to get there. It's about 1 hour and 10 minutes from my home.

I have learned something of who the Hoosier members are here at RS, but I make no pretense of knowing everyone, or even where they are from.
      In advance of the Mentone event, I'd love to know who all you other Hoosier are, and where you are from, if you care to share that info.
      If you don't care to divulge all your info in this thread that's fine......you can PM me if you desire.
      I'd just like to think that since I plan at this point in going to Mentone to attend the event....... maybe in advance, I might have more familiarity with the personalities attending than what I currently do.
      I'd love to hear from all you Hoosiers here.......whether you are going to Mentone or not.
      And not to exclude anyone, any other RS members from other states who will be attending Mentone and other Hoosier events.

Regards,
      Steve
      Gas City, IN

• Lane Ranger
      By Lane Ranger
      Upgrade Now More Info

to all we visited and bought Wheel Horse items from!

On Saturday January 7, 2012-Don Redding, David Ralph, and Lane Ralph took a Wheel Horse road trip. Took the truck and trailer from Gary, Indiana to Plymouth, Indiana (Castaways Restaurant for breakfst at
      # am -eastern time); Argos, Indiana at # for two Wheel Horse 1054 wheels; # in Boubon, Indiana -stopped and saw Norm Steinman ( Norm's Toys -http://www.normstoys.com/ ); # at Clunette/Leesburg, In to pick up an RJ 58 Snow/Dozer blade I bought from Scott Mehlburg (Mr. Indiana Meet and Greet); and about 2:30 PM at Jim Gunderman's in Paulding, Ohio to Pick up a 1979 C-121 Wheel Horse manual trnasmission tractor