Sign in to follow this  
COMB2

Homemade wheel weights

COMB2

I seen a post somewhere of a site of a guy making some homemade wheel weigths with some carraige bolts and concrete. It was for a cub or JD in his write up but will work. I got the basic idea but want to look at it again to see any tips or tricks

smilinsam

A long time ago I picked up a junk AC 300 series that had some homeade concrete weights. They used a old corn planter seed cannister cut into hollow rings about 2" tall. Then they put 2" tall pieces of pipe in the locations where the carriage bolts would go to line up with the square holes in the tractor wheels. Then they apparently poured the conrete in the ring as a mold keeping the pipe stubs in place while pouring. I assume they used a piece of plywood to bolt the pipes to and set the rings on as one side of the conrete seems to have a wood grain pattern in it.

When I took them off the tractor they had oversize washers under the nuts sitting against the pipe stubs overlapping the concrete. Seem like a succesful idea. One could use any kind of can for a mold. they left these rings on the weights rather than having removed them.

Personally, I like the weights I got on a derelect Wheel horse 12 Automatic I drug home last spring. Engine was dead and it pushed terribly hard. Took the weights of and originally thought there were one on each side. Ended up being two on each side @ 50 lbs each piece for a total of 100 lbs per side. no wonder it pushed hard. They however, were cut from 3" thick steel plate. :hide:

COMB2

That's it Smitty :hide:

Duff

Smilinsam, :D !

Glad you found us! Great bunch of folks here, and ton of useful information! :omg:

Happy Holidays, and again, :hide: !

Duff :hide: