Wheelhorse84

1st timer

Wheelhorse84

We went to a local tractor pull and saw all the larger tractors pull the concrete blocks on a sled. They had mentioned they are going to be doing a stock garden tractor pull in sept. So assuming my 314-8 with a Magnum is stock what tips and tricks do you guys have? Such as starting off rpms, when to use more throttle, weight weights front and back ect ect? I assume it will be a metal sled with concrete blocks put on it till no-one can pull. Also what are the best tires for it I like AGs but would love to know another option. Trying not to get completely embarrassed by the cubs and JD's. Thanks, look forward to your help.

• Like 1

Achto

If they do not allow pulling tires in the stock class then ags will be your best bet. You will want weight on the front. When the front end goes up your hitch height goes down decreasing the up lift on the front of the sled. not to mention the decrease in control. As far as the throttle, no need to start off at full throttle. Do what you need to to get things moving and keep it moving. Maybe watch some pulls on you tube or check out some local pulls to get a better idea of what guys are doing. Get a copy of their rules so you know what you can't do. Hopefully it's more of a fun pull.  In my area stock basically means that the engine is governed to 3600RPMs and the front weights can only be so far in front of the tractor, a truly stock tractor doesn't stand a chance.

• Like 1