kthack657

WHCC 2016 Raffle Tractor Winner

kthack657

The raffle tractor at the big show this year was a unique machine, I know I watched the progress pictures of Eldon working on the tractor.  so many people came together to make this build possible, including Ken donating a really nice 16hp onan that was installed Wednesday before the show... the ticket container was packed to the point that they were pushing it down to fit more tickets.  One person said that they bought $350 worth of tickets, I know of another who bought $170 in tickets.  I myself bought $40 (my usual each year.)  then about 10 minutes before the office closed I decided to use my last $10 to purchase a few more tickets.

2:00 on Saturday rolled around and everyone sat in anticipation of the raffle tractor winning ticket would be picked.  I waited through the raffles until someone needed a trash bag which I happened to have, I handed the nice lady the bag, and found that I was the one who won the last raffle prize so I got the honor of picking the winning ticket...I did not want to because then there was no guarantee I would win :( I faced the crowd and pulled the winning ticket, not even looking at it because I knew there was no chance that I would win.  Wild Bill then scanned the room, looking at my husband Jim and I thought no way he won!! but then he looked back at me with a smile on his face and that look in his eyes.  Then he turned the ticket over to show the name on the back, (one of the tickets I bought right before the office closed)...my name NO WAY NO WAY I screamed with delight, my hands started shaking and I could not stop smiling or making what I can only describe as happy squeaks (Wild Bill made sure that everyone heard me by placing the microphone hooked to the PA system in my direction.  The funny thing is that by my noises eveyone knew who won...lol needless to say I am still in awe and honored to have the custom, it will be at every show I make it to, and I love riding it around, and I think Jim likes it just as much.  We stuffed a raider Jim bought along with my 401 in the back of the truck to make room for that tractor.

Triclops1.jpeg

Triclops2.jpeg

Triclops3.jpeg

Triclops4.jpg

• Like 7

Wheel-N-It

Congratulations on the big win! Nice machine!

Wishin4a416

Congratulations!!! You have a nice machine there.

• Like 1

Digger 66
12 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Congratulations!!! You have a nice machine there.

Yep ^^^ X-2 !

elcamino/wheelhorse

Congratulations that one very nice prize.  

nylyon

Pepper said that's good karma for giving her pupperoni! Congratulations Karen!

Ken B

Congrats Karen, couldn't have gone to a better home! That is one heck of a raffle tractor... Awesome job to the builders.

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

Daddy Don

Great win Congrats.