wheelh312-8

wh 857 k181s, wiring help.

wheelh312-8

Now I have the engine together on to the wiring. My question is the 2 thick black wires off of the ignition switch, the long one I have running to the starter as seen in pic #1, in pic #2 I ran the the other shorter one to the neg battery terminal, and in pic#3 the frame ground run's to the battery also. I believe the shorter wire from the ign switch run's elsewhere but could not figure it out. The problem is when I turn the key there is no power, battery is new and fully charged checked with volt meter. Thank's Steve.

20160626_102748.jpg

20160626_102811.jpg

20160626_102823.jpg

Edited by wheelh312-8

wheelh312-8

I just wanted to add, everything electrical did work and turn over before I tore it down. It took me longer then I had planned on to get back to it so I did not mark them, and the pictures I had taken mysteriously disappeared.

Achto

The short wire from the switch should be connected to the pos side of the battery, not neg. Need to complete the circuit, battery + to the switch then to the starter/gen.

Edited by achto
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

Here is a manual with your wiring diagram.

wheelh312-8

Hi, I just wanted to thank you both for the help. I will move the wires around tomorrow as I am off to work. Thank's again and I will let you know how I make out, Steve

wheelh312-8

Well she is up and running, drives good and strong for the size of the tractor. Thank's for all the help it is greatly appreciated. The manual came in handy for some other thing's also good to have,thank's. Well here are a couple of pic's of it. Not sure why picture's keep getting turned to the side?

20160627_162037.jpg

20160627_162052.jpg

20160627_162014.jpg

• Like 1

Achto

Looks good! Glad to see you got her running.