Wildhorse

Paint match for NOS 1959 plow

Wildhorse

Here's a pic of a hitch I painted with rustoleum sunrise red next to a NOS plow first offered in 1959. Hope it helps with some paint arguments lol...let me know your thoughts

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Uncle Buck

I will stick with IH red. I have had very poor results with RO paint almost every time I have ever used the stuff. I find it takes forever to dry and is quite prone to lifting and crazing. I have had this happen enough times that in fact the only RO spray paint I will use now is their hammered finish line which is as awesome as their regular paint is lousy.

RedRanger

Are you saying that snow plow is in original factory paint?

Wildhorse
26 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Are you saying that snow plow is in original factory paint?

Yes... Plow is original and never mounted or used.

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I will stick with IH red. I have had very poor results with RO paint almost every time I have ever used the stuff. I find it takes forever to dry and is quite prone to lifting and crazing. I have had this happen enough times that in fact the only RO spray paint I will use now is their hammered finish line which is as awesome as their regular paint is lousy.

I was only trying to find the closest match possible to original factory paint. I have used rustoleum in the past but didn't have good results. I use auto paint now with clearcoat for durability.

Uncle Buck
10 hours ago, Wildhorse said:

Yes... Plow is original and never mounted or used.

I was only trying to find the closest match possible to original factory paint. I have used rustoleum in the past but didn't have good results. I use auto paint now with clearcoat for durability.

I am glad that you shared what the closest color match is. I did not mean to convey the wrong message.

Wildhorse
31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I am glad that you shared what the closest color match is. I did not mean to convey the wrong message.

You didn't convey wrong message at all. I just wanted to let you know of problems with RO that I have had also. Although I have had problems with that paint I've also had good results following a procedure that's very long and time consuming for sure but there paint has changed and not the same quality it was in past. Hope it helps everyone with paint match and makes it easier if they want an auto paint mix to match up to it. I also love sharing pic of the nos plow and hope everyone enjoys it as much I do..... Not many nos parts out there and it's a true gem to find and great part of history.