Huntemcd

narrow front end

Huntemcd

Does anyone know how i can make a narrow front for a wheel horse.  If you have one could you please send me pictures.

KC9KAS

Go to the "Big Show" the raffle prize is a Tri-cycle Wheel Horse!

I really don't know. I have seen several of them, but never was that interested because as a worker it may be too unstable.

c5412ef7-fa53-5924-a93f-752f7457fac7.ima

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair
16 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

Go to the "Big Show" the raffle prize is a Tri-cycle Wheel Horse!

I really don't know. I have seen several of them, but never was that interested because as a worker it may be too unstable.

c5412ef7-fa53-5924-a93f-752f7457fac7.ima

I have never understood the purpose. I grew up on a farm and never saw any job where having the front wheels like that would help. The opposite, in fact. If you are straddling a row with the rear wheels, it would put the front wheels square on the row

• Like 1

Achto

Never built one on a :wh: but I have made one for a 682 Cub Cadet. Sat down with a piece of 1 1/4" pipe, some 3/4" cold rolled round stock, a couple of bearings, some 3/16 thick flat metal & went to work. I cut my axle to length then supported it on both ends and bent it slightly in a press to get the toe in affect. Had to do some crazy bends with the steering linkage but that was all hidden when I was done.

Row Cropper

I have one and it is my "worker" of choice for all towing jobs!  It is equipped with a custom-made 2" receiver (copied from a vendor on this site) which makes it very easy to mount attachments for various duties including: rolling, aerating, fertilizer spreading, weed spraying and hauling everything in my cart!  The maneuverability of this tractor is as close to a zero-turn as you can get!  I also use my turning plow on this tractor for plowing my garden.  All mowing and snow removal chores are handled by my 518 or 520 conventional tractors, but if the need is for anything else the C-120 narrow-front is the one I get on!  If you have never had one, "don't poke fun at them!"

Huntemcd, send me a PM and I will gladly share how it was converted!

IMG_1440.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

RedRanger
On 6/23/2016 at 7:02 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

I have never understood the purpose. I grew up on a farm and never saw any job where having the front wheels like that would help. The opposite, in fact. If you are straddling a row with the rear wheels, it would put the front wheels square on the row

We used a narrow front Farmall around our farm.  Turning radius was amazing.  Would turn on one rear wheel.  Great for maneuvering hay wagons and equipment as well as working a hay field.

Like already stated, closest thing to a zero turn you will find.

Edited by RedRanger
spelling fix
  • Like 2

dells68
On June 23, 2016 at 8:02 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

If you have the rear wheels set correctly on an old Farmall or Deere, you can put your front wheels between 2 rows and straddle the rows with the rear tires.  Many farmers used to use them to plant, cultivate, and pick corn.

• Like 5