bizzo15

Charger 12 attachments on 3 series tractor?

bizzo15

Good morning Wheel Horse experts!

I have a gentleman that is interested in purchasing my 312-8 because the hydro rear end went in his 70's vintage charger 12. He'd like to be able to use the existing attachments he has with the 312 and asked me if I knew if they were compatible. I did a little searching and couldn't find a clear answer so I thought I'd defer to you guys. Will he be able to use his charger 12 attachments with a 3 series tractor(mower deck, plow blade, etc.)? Or are they not compatible. I know c series attachments are compatible but not so sure about the charger tractors. Thanks!

pfrederi

Snow plow yes... Mower deck depends somewhat on the year of his Charger and the deck.  What model numbers are involved for the Charger and its deck.

Edit:  On second thought it is unlikely the deck could be made to work with out major changes...

Edited by pfrederi

bizzo15

Here are some pics of the tractor is question.  Does this help further answer my question.  He couldn't find a model or serial number anywhere on the tractor.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Bert
1 hour ago, bizzo15 said:

Here are some pics of the tractor is question.  Does this help further answer my question.  He couldn't find a model or serial number anywhere on the tractor.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

That deck and mule drive will fit a 312 :)

• Like 1

bizzo15

AWESOME! I thought it would once I saw the pic.  He also says he has a snowblower, I assume that should hook up as well?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Crick
      By Crick
      Original Wheel Horse dump cart wanted, no offense but not another brand with WH decals. 
      thank you
      Crick
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      GMorning Gang,
             Last year I had purchased an old C175 with blown engine and all the attachments the owner had with it, including the FEL.  He gave me everything he had, or thought he had.  It was quite a pile, requiring 2 trips.  Of course, in the heat of the moment, it appeared everything was there, except belts for the most part.  He even had most of the original documentation.  Now I know what your thinking, and you'd be correct...... everything was Not there. And as we all know, it's the little things that hold up the project AND seem to cost the most money.... mot to mention the heartache.  But, I did find an engine, got the tiller installed and working, the plow mounted, the deck running.  Now for the Big hit..... The FEL.  I do seem to have most of it.... The bucket and arms assembly, lower frame, weight box. weights, chains and even the pump , with brackets that was still mounted to the blown engine.  The show stopper here is what is called the "Front Mount Assembly".  It mounts to the front of the frame, and the stabilizer arms to the posts attach to it.  It also has a couple of hose brackets that hold the hydraulic hoses from flopping around.  I did look around, and none appear to be available...Big Giant Surprise.  I can't imagine anyone parting it out, even IF they knew what it was.   But I pretend to be a welder and have Fab skills,
      (Sorry, that should have read Fab Equipment), So I'm sure I could Hack one together if I had measurements.  The grainy B&W photo in the manuals make it look very simple (Hahahahahaahahahah).....Anyways, is there anyone that would be willing to take a couple color shots And Measurements of their "Front Mount Assembly"?
      Or rough estimates, then I can Make up something clos, and tweak it after its installed.

It appears to be the Ark style Loader, with the catalog number of 97-40FL-01.   The actual part number of the bracket is: WheelHorse 260932 (part #36 in the pix)

Again, it looks like it attaches to the front of both Frame rails and loops around the front.  It attaches with 4) 3/8" bolts and would have the hoses attached to it.  It looks like it loops close to the front of the frame, meaning the mule drive would have to be removed, maybe even the Attach-A-Matic front bracket too.  And its job is to give the Brace Arms a place to attach to.

Wish I had more info to give,  
      Can anybody help me out?

Thanx in advance,  Have a Great weekend
      Jay
      I'll accept any form of communication, Calls, Texts, Emails

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      I mostly retreated a picture from the 1961 dealer sales flyer I have that shows a lineup of optional accessories.

the accessories are the suburban fender and tool box option, tombstone weight, stepped foot rests, and seat hinge.

I have not seen another seat hinge like this besides the one I own.

The sign I show in my pic is also the hard to find circa 1961 plastic sales and service sign that is also pictured in the same paperwork.

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      So just picked up a 701, obviously the engine isn't right. I have a 7hp Kohler to put on and will put B&S on my Speedex. Anyone ever seen a post come out on the right from the rock shaft? It rotates with the lift handle and has no holes in it. It was done up well, almost looking factory.