nylyon

2016 RedSquare Picture

nylyon

One of my favorite parts of the Wheel Horse Collectors Club annual show is the gathering of so many RedSquare'ers in one place.  Each year we gather to take a picture, and it is usually a spur of the moment event where some get left out.  So this year, let's plan a couple of times in advance, so I am just going to throw it out there.

Friday 11:30am - Meet in the usual spot near the entrance or (RedSquare tent area).  

I'm open to other times, just wanted to get a time going.

• Like 6

953 nut

Karl, being a first timer I must ask, where is the Red Square area? Is there a map or diagram of the grounds you could post?  :thanks:

nylyon

I don't have a map, @stevasaurus @Zeek @rmaynard how best to explain this?  

• Like 1

857 horse

Richard.....i will be near the tractor teeter totter.......and we will take a walk.!!!!!!!

• Like 2

nylyon

It will be near the entrance, and at 11:30am should be very obvious where it is, as there's a bunch of guys all gathering together for a picture!

• Like 1

Zeek

You will see several red canopies together in the approximate location below.  Usually rmaynard, buckrancher, AMCRules, me and squonk next to each other.  Depends on when people arrive, sometimes others shack up with us, but that is the location! :wh:

I like the preplanned time . . . I missed last year when it changed :roll:

S Mountain.JPG

s mountain 2.JPG

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 8

953 nut
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

several red canopys together

Thanks Zeek, I will add my Red EZ Up to the collection. :woohoo:    Looking forward to it.   :text-bravo:

• Like 3

Zeek

There are a BUNCH of other Red Square members scattered around the grounds, so that area is not exclusive, it just happens to be where we do the picture.  stevebo, jimt1971,  and countless others are all over so you will have a blast.  I hesitate to name people because there are SO many there. :happy-wavemulticolor:

That's what I love about this show . . . it's laid back and and you can throw down your chair and chat with virtually everyone anywhere on the grounds.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 6

RedHorse54

I have a question about the picture. I have a redsquare account, but my father doesn't because he isn't familiar with technology. Can he still be in the picture with me?

• Like 2

nylyon

Absolutely 

• Like 2

rmaynard

Somehow, the group picture publishing has become something that I have assumed responsibility for. I don't schedule the time it's taken, but I do the leg work afterwords.  After the picture is taken and published on RedSquare, if we don't know who you are, there's no sense in having been in the picture. So PLEASE identify yourself. It's quite a task to figure out who everyone is. I try to number everyone and then list your given name and RedSquare name. Please help me this year by checking in to RedSquare soon after the show, look for the 2016 RedSquare Group Picture thread, ID yourself, and anyone that you can positively identify. 

:text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 3

nylyon

I'll bring some paper and pens and we can have a sign-in sheet to make this easier., we can break it down into sections like left, left center, right center and right.  Each section, the member can sign in (after the picture) to make the identification easier.

• Like 3

rmaynard

I'm not sure that will work. Many guys run up for the picture, then run back to wherever they were. Unfortunately, it's not like a class picture. We just have to trust that everyone will look in on the picture here on RedSquare and ID themselves. 

19richie66

I'll be the one that's not there. Should be easy to spot. I look like an empty space in the back row. B)

• Like 2

953 nut
23 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

the one that's not there

:text-imsorry:

AMC RULES

Hard to miss the :rs:group picture. 

GROUP1.1.jpg

You just  don't forget who you are when the numbers get posted.  :ychain:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
9 hours ago, RedHorse54 said:

I have a question about the picture. I have a redsquare account, but my father doesn't because he isn't familiar with technology. Can he still be in the picture with me?

Red Horse 54 I meet up with you at the group picture. White tee shirt red suspenders and a goofy look on my face. 

varosd

In the past it has been announced over the PA system

sometimes hard to hear with all the engines running, bartering,heckling, war stories being told...:occasion-santa:

I'll be there tommrow

V

neil

Would it be possible to get a show t shirt and have all the red square members sign the shirt & maybe raffle the shirt off for charity . 

Zeek

So I'm the dumb :kbutt:that missed the picture AGAIN this year . . . my 552 battery dies, so I leave the grounds at 11:20 AM to get one.  Wifey texts me and reminds me the picture is at 11:30 AM :confusion-waiting::angry-banghead:  Maybe next year . . .

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

wallfish

You're not the only one Zeek, another very active member isn't in there but we'll let him confess!

• Like 3

nylyon

Um... Uh... :hide: 

• Like 5

Terry M
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

So I'm the dumb :kbutt:that missed the pictures AGAIN this year . . . my 552 battery dies, so I leave the grounds at 11:20 AM to get one.  Wifey texts me and reminds me the picture is at 11:30 AM :confusion-waiting::angry-banghead:  Maybe next year . . .

Your not alone Zeek, I also missed it.  I was already on the road from Minnesota when this subject was posted and don't remember seeing this or over hearing anybody mention it. I was "ticked " at first....But it's my problem and I'm over it. Oh-well:(. maybe another year.

• Like 2