Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Wheel Horse radar failing

Rollerman

This weekend I was digging sod up for a patio the wife & I wer...That I was putting in by my self.

My neighbor pulls up on his 2000 something Simplicity Legacy...you know one of those neighbors you like ...but has really cool expensive toys.

So I'm digging the sod out sweating "did I mention the Simplicity has a loader" & my neighbor asks "while he drank his 1 cold beer" if I seen that Wheel Horse over there for sale.

I perked up ...huh..wha..??, He has seen my 32nd of an acre yard with 15 Wheel Horses in it & new I was a sucker for them.

Told me it was a twin cylinder job I kinda blew it off at that point knowing what my allowance is like...LOL

I cruised down later that afternoon after I finished digging " That loader never got any dirt on it" & took a look... turned out to be a 1990 520H W/ 48" deck,48"snowplow & trac vac.

After I made it home & took an extra blood pressure pill I explained to my wife how this would be better for are relationship in the long run...owning the 520.

Needless to say I now have it!

Tuesday after work a buddy stops in & wants to look at an old horse down the road.

I figured what the heck....I have offered my friend one of mine to use for his place.

New home owner a block away & the best man at my wedding...but he'd rather break his own.

Turned out to be a useable K321 powered Raider 12 with some unique mods.

Friend is still debateing on it....seller said he had another in the garage so we go look...straight 702, runs, not to bad.

He says make me an offer...I'm thinking cheap & was thinking $100 but told the seller I didn't want to offend him.

So theseller thinks about it for a moment & he says $75bucks!

Weird thing is both these Wheel Horses were about a mile from me & I never seen them.

Can normally smell them out...LOL

Stephen in northern IN....haveing a trophy horse hunting weekend thanks to friends

Sparky

Cool story but I just gotta know one thing..............................what type of beer was it?? :P . Just kiddin. When I first got the bug for Wheel Horse tractors 7 years ago I would drive all over New England, deep into New York, way south in New Jersey, and far west into Pennsylvania to pick up a tractor. One time I won one on E-BAY in New York for $168 and my neighbor won one in Pa. for $100. We ended up sharing the ride and splitting gas to get em both in one trip which ended up being 917 miles :D !! Now that gas prices are getting up there I have spent more time lookin local and have bought my last few right here in Connecticut.

I got bored one day on my 40 mile trip home from work and just hooked it right off ther next exit I came to and 4 miles down the road was a Toro dealer I had never heard of so I swung in just to be nosey. I ended up talkin to the service manager who showed me his "private stock" of used stuff and ended up with a C-105. I now check in with him a couple times a year to browse as well as get some parts that only dealers have such as shifter boots. Kind of weird to think I drove past that exit for 7 years and had no idea a dealer of any kind was down the road only 4 miles.

Mike........

Rollerman

Mike I understand completely.....I won a 704 on ebay once in Middeltown,OH on the south side of town....people thought I was nuts for going that far for one.

It was a "glamore shot" tractor too...looked good on ebay...was afraid to lay a penny on the hood in person...might have fell through!

Picked up a 1045 in Parma,OH too...but don't see many & I felt it was well worth the drive.

I'd say you have me beat with 917 miles for a tractor road trip.

I guess I'm feeling lucky for finding two nice tractors this weekend within a mile of my house.

Garage is starting to buldge now!

Stephen in northern IN....It was Bud

nylyon

Man I'm jealous, my whole entire complete collection consists of 2 stinkin tractors, that's it just 2 of em. And to go along with em, I got 2 mowing decks, nothing fancy here, just 2 decks both 42". I got 1 snow plow, that's right just 1. Soon I hope to bring home my Snowblower. That's my entire collection. Everything was bought in New Jersey the first was an hour and half, and the second 2 hours.

Where does everyone get these awsome deals? I drive around and around and around and NEVER see a Wheel Horse for sale EVER! It's very possible that I have the only horses in Putnam County NY, cause there ain't any others around! That's it, I got to move to Indiana or Connecticut, you guys have all the tractors!

Sparky

Umm...well.....theres no more Wheel Horses in Connecticut......yeah, thats it...no more. So good luck in Indiana pal!

Mike.....whew!! Dodged that one :D ........

nylyon

I was afraid of that, someone already got em there too huh? This has to be some sort of conspiracy, a government cover up of some sort, it just has to be. Well, looks like I'll be setting my sites out west to get those horses before the government takes them from there too!..... Thanks Mike, you saved me from a disappointing move.

Wonder if this is connected to the Bermuda Triangle, how these disappear?

Rollerman

Karl they are pretty much horded up here in IN too...but I have left all the MTD's & Murrays for you?

No serious though....I never find horses when I'm looking for them...at least no deals.

The deals.....they just kind of happen!

Still hopeing some miracle may happen...lika a neighbor will roll a cherry D 200 out of his garage & say...here take this...takes up to much space here?...LOL

Stephen in northern IN