charging10

2016 Growing Season Better Than 2015!

SylvanLakeWH
43 minutes ago, charging10 said:

Just wanted to show my garden! Potatoes, tomatoes and onions really took off!

Spring time prep included cow manure, a little pot ash and 6-24-24 fertilizer.

IMG_7084.jpg

And don't forget the ferocious guard dog!!!

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-coolphotos:       Who's guarding  the garden...Pug or Rooster?

• Like 3

Achto

Looks great! Looks like you have a slight JD issue, might wanna use some spray on that.:ychain:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: ...before it gets any worse.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

raid-one-shot-targetkill-aero.png?la=en-

• Like 4

Marv

I don't understand how it did so well. No weeds or grass growing in there. 

Marvin

• Like 2

DougC

Your dogs expression is saying to me " How am I supposed to get in there and poop and dig holes with that stupid fence there......   :lol:

Garden looks great! Enjoy the veggies and the feeling of accomplishment!          ( And give the little guy a Milk Bone.  :lol: )  

milk bone.jpg

• Like 3

Digger 66

I like the stuff hangin' on the fence .

• Like 1

elliot ness

Nice garden , good to see you raise you own vegies.

Ed Kennell

Now i'm feelin guilty.   Guess I'll go pull some weeds and see if I can find my onions, peppers, and beans.   Naw, maybe tomorrow, this is Fathers Day.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Yes I believe this year is Kicking Arse! My Wife's MaryJanes Garden is on Steroids, We are have a great season I have had 6 Batches of Fried Green Tomatoes, and Zucchini, Scallions, Peppers for my Salads and Omelets, Spaghetti Squash, Yellow Squash, Green Beans, Strawberries keep coming. She loves to Bake and she has made Tons of Zucchini Bread. Just  Like you I used 3' Chicken Wire 2' Tall  But used 3/4" PVC to attach it with black Zip ties. Painted nit black to make it look nice. Used the Dug down 4" and laid the Chicken wire out from garden and covered it with dirt. My thinking was if animals would dig they would get discouraged. Also using the PVC you can make a nice gate to go through Make the Gate out of 3/4" and pound a rod down in ground to make it Pivot on. I also put her up a Harbor Freight Green House inside the fence and she loves it. All the sprinkling is done by computer on an Irritrol timer and trickle Ezze drip system.

GARDEN.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 3

squonk

No rain for 3 month's. Lot's of watering. Even the Ding Weed crop has slowed! :rolleyes: