Sign in to follow this  
Thisguyisnew

Wanted a snoblower and got another C-160

Thisguyisnew

Engine was in pieces when it arrived and needed a new piston but all that aside After a new rear seal and adding oil test drove it the other day. It was a lot of work but I'm just so glad there wasn't more damage as the fins were packed with mud(could this have caused the piston failure?) I'm thinking this was not a normal buildup. Has anyone seen this? No way it was cooling properly. 

And as a side note: I just wanted to send a shout out to Mabsoon for going out of his way and bringing both this and the snoblower down. ! couldn't have done it without you buddy.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

These little guys just love finding a :wh: left sitting outside. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud_dauber

Mud-Dauber_Larry-Ditto_MG_7260.jpg

• Like 1

Thisguyisnew

There was some of those too, but on the other side of the motor. I'm talking mud like it had been used for off roading caked in behind flywheel and deep in fins under sheet metal side of motor. Let that be a lesson to take of the covers every now and then. If this was some kind of a normal buildup you wouldn't think it was really that bad without doing so. I'm still not sure if that would have caused a piston to fail as there seems to be nothing else noticeably wrong with it now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor! Starts right up and Runs and Cuts like a Champ! 

ONLY 419hrs

FEATURES:
      Newer Agro Tires on Rear & Solid Front Turf Tires.
      Wheel Weights on rear.
      Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle and Steering off of 520h.
      New Tractor Supply Adjustable Seat.
      Exhaust Fully Restored. (Sandblasted, Outgassed and 2000deg High Temp Satin Exhaust Paint Coated.)

I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

Asking >>>>> $1,099 OBO <<<<<<< 

(248) 943-8634 Text or Call.  God Bless. 

• Little Red Horse
      By Little Red Horse
      I am selling a 1970 Wheel Horse Electro 12. It is in *working condition*.
      It has AG tires and a mid-mount blade from wheel horse. 
      It also has a front mounted generator that currently doesnt put out power. It has been in the barn quite a while, so it may be a corroded connection,  not sure. Although there's not too much that goes wrong with them. 
      The tractor has been a great one for me. The last 6ish 7ish years that I've had it where I lived it brought the gravel back up my driveway for me every time it rained. In the last few months, it would run for 20-30min then die.
      I was moving at the time so just didn't have the time to look at it. And it seems I still don't. Where I am currently I don't have a place for it. I don't want it setting out and deteriorating. So here we are.
      Please contact me by text or email. 
      Thanks for looking! 

• ohiofarmer
      By ohiofarmer
      i know that there is ebb and flow with market conditions, but I have been seeing bargain 520 and c-160 prices more common. I recently saw a c-160 like model on a place other than here that was close by, but i did not get a chance to see it as I was still on a medical tether getting care. i say c-i60 like model because it was a series of numbers like 4455 or somesuch .Tractor had the k series engine clearly a sixteen HP and came with a decent looking deck and pusher blade. i called my buddy Jay and told him for the $250 ask , he better hustle after it. i really do not know if he did.
        I also have been seeing 520s and such lower than I can remember as well as the D series..My theory is that people experiencing paycheck to paycheck living are increasing in number.
      You even are seeing a lot more older trucks like square bodies and especially big blocks than you did before. we used to see this a lot in new trucks when fuel prices hit records.
      i am not claiming expert status on this, but it seems to be trending this way one county next to indiana and 90 miles North of the Ohio River.
       Tell me what you are seeing out there and what you think. 
           Edit:  Jay and I ran up to buy Bob Ellison's tractor in MI.  Bob was very nice to deal with and included his "last seat"   I got super lucky buying my first C-160 that did not start and another one shortly dropped in to keep it company. The tractor described above was listed for only two days and was gone
    • Donavon
      By Donavon
      Just curious what is the heaviest for a future project.

• BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible.