96WS6TA

Hi new guy here.   Just got a 312h and wanted to new ag tires.  Can't find any in stock 23x9.50-12.  Would any other size work??  Thanks

• Like 2

Achto

:WRS:23x10.50-12 will fit. They will be about an inch wider.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

And :text-welcomeconfetti:

benji756

I just put deestone ags on my 520h, got them from greater cleveland tire. Rears are 24-10.5-12

• Like 1

prondzy

For the money you can't beat the deestones, but to show here is my firestone flotations (left) vs deestones (right)

20160612_180738.jpg

They are both 23x10.5-12

AMC RULES

20160612_180738.thumb.jpg.4d965f07566a74b8bd1407ee207e33af.jpg

• Like 3

Uncle Buck

To my eye the Deestones look better, but that is just me.

T-Mo

Deestones will run a bit smaller in diameter than say Carlisle Tru-Power.  TSC carries Hi-Run tires that are made in New Zealand from the molds from Carlisle.  But, they're 2 ply, but I bought two sets of them and they're pretty good.  They're the same diameter as the Carlisles, so they're bigger than the Deestones.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hi-run-wd1054-23-x-1050-12-in-2-ply-replacement-tire?cm_vc=-10005

RedRanger

I could swear that Hi-Run are made in China.  Junk from what I've read.  Don't last.

https://www.grainger.com/product/HI-RUN-Lawn-Garden-Tire-41P188?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/41P187_AS01?$smthumb$

Deestone are made in Thailand.

Edited by RedRanger

wrightorchid

So hard to get good quality tires that last.

RedRanger

Quality of the rubber compound and tire strength are the big things.  2ply vs 4 ply doesn't really mean much anymore...just compare max load capacity.  Some 2 ply tires can carry more than some 4 ply tires.

Cheap rubber will crack in no time.

I've looked at the Hi-Run tires at Tractor Supply Co and I'd never buy them.  Super light weight, thin, look cheap, and stunk like a skunk.

I just put a pair of Deestone tri ribs on my 702, and they seem pretty nice and were heavy. 

You can't go wrong with Carlisle, Good Year, or Firestone.  Titans were good, but got bought up by Carlisle.

There are deals out there, but quality costs $$$.  With tires, you truly get what you pay for.

To make an inexpensive tire, they either skimp on the amount of rubber you're buying or the chemical compound of the tire itself, or both.

I kind of think that's why Deestones run small.

T-Mo

My Hi-Run tires says made in New Zealand right on the tire.

187206.jpg

187205.jpg

Edited by T-Mo
  • Like 3

bds1984

I have Deestones, with tubes and RV antifreeze, on my 520H that I really like, but are so soft that I swear half of the tire has worn away after one season of plowing my dad's driveway.  Conversely, I have a set of Hi-Runs loaded with TL90 on my C165 that seem to be slightly harder and bite better in the grass and barely have any wear.  Like anything, its all relative.  I'd love to have the name brand tires, but my wallet says otherwise.  I think the key with the cheap tires lasting longer is a little bit of Armor All and to just stay off of pavement or cement!

RedRanger
18 hours ago, T-Mo said:

My Hi-Run tires says made in New Zealand right on the tire.

187206.jpg

187205.jpg

Interesting.

From the Grainger website..... 

• Shipping Weight 22.3 lbs.
Country of Origin China Country of Origin is subject to change.

Looks like they're made in more than one place now.  

Uncle Buck

Grainger does not always get everything correct. I would trust what I read on the tire over what Grainger has on their site.