Wheelie again

Old faithful with electric lift

Retired Wrencher

Wheelie again  Looks like the old 312 did a good job for you. It feels good to have a tractor that you can do some work and not worry if you are going to break it because of cheap manufacturing.

• Like 2

Tankman

Looks great but, wouldn't expect less from a Horse! Towing a skid?

I have similar driveway problems. Spread and packed a tri-axle load of blacktop millings.

Works great and no more washouts.

• Like 1

ranger

I hope I'm not 'high jacking' this  post, but mention of the electric lift made me think that you may like to see my 'experiment'.

A few weeks ago, using my C121, with cultivators on one of the horse paddocks, I managed to break the link to the rock shaft. Having some 're-cycled' linear actuators with failed feedback potentiometers, I thought I'd try one on the clevis hitch. Although 24 volts, they will work on 12 volts. push / pull force is listed as 2000n, around 450 lbs I think. I removed the rock shaft and welded a couple of lugs onto the fender support crosspiece, a short extension to the ram, and the unit fitted under the seat with room to spare. These units can be controlled by a simple double pole, double throw, switch, Not having one, I used a couple of 5 pin relays, advantage of using relays is, when not running, the motor terminals are joined together, providing/holding braking force if the load tries to move the actuator.  Control is by a joystick, ( again re-cycled) this has a push button on top, which has to be pressed before anything else will operate. It has the power to lift the cultivators or discs, or me.Running it on 24v, it will lift the discs, and me. A magnet on the joystick box allows it to be mounted wherever convenient.

The latest mod, is a link to allow 'floating' when down, and a 12v to 24v dc-dc converter, £10.00p from Hong Kong, via ebay. the next stage is a hydraulic cylinder in place of the linear actuator, the beauty of this is that it all fits without having to move the rear mounted fuel tank. I may fit bracing struts from the mounting 'lugs' down to the axle, but the crosspiece is stiffened by the 'sub frame' fitted to raise the fender for tyre (tire) clearance.P1030773.JPGP1030777.JPGP1030780.JPGP1030790.JPGP1030793.JPGP1030794.JPGP1030795.JPGP1030799.JPGP1030802.JPG

• Like 2