Sign in to follow this  
jragan

wheel horse snow blower

jragan

:D Hi I bought a snow blower about three years ago first year no problems, second year not so much and I am having the same problem this year. In the summer the deck goes up and down with out a problem, in the winter the arm slips and the snowblower slams down and then your stuck trying to hold it up and drive at the same time does anyone have an idea on why this is happening?? :hide:

I also had an issue with the shoot cable breaking but I found the information already on this site so thanks.

thank you for any help.

TT

:D

We need to know what tractor you have the blower mounted on to be able to help you with your problem.

I am guessing it's manual lift by what you have stated so far. :hide:

Teddy da Bear

I have an idea of what is happening and what your talking about.

My lift rod "hangs up" when lowering the attachment (in my case a plow).

It "slams" down on the adjustment nut at times even when you think

it is down.....it isn't. Mine was hanging up on that "trunion" (I hope that

is what you call it). (Rod fits through trunion and then cotter pinned to

the tractors lift arm). I found out that my lift rod was slightly bent.

When I tried to straighten and adjust it, I broke it. :hide:

Likely my idea is that something similar is happening to your

lift rod. Check and see that it is not bent in the slightest. Lubricate

that "trunion" or the arm with some grease.

I believe the arm gets bent when an impliment is lifted and it binds

with the steering mechanism. Might mean I have sometimes attached

the lift rod in the wrong manner.

Good luck....hope this helps.

jragan

We need to know what tractor you have the blower mounted on to be able to help you with your problem.

I am guessing it's manual lift by what you have stated so far. :hide:

Im sorry I forgot to add that it is an toro wheel horse 810 series. it is a manual lift also.

TT

Ummmm.... I think you meant 310, correct?

Anyhow...... under the left side cover (remove the 4 fasteners and guide the panel up over the lift lever) you will find the latch bracket (#41 in the IPL below) bolted to the side of the hoodstand. Check the "catch" at the end of the slot for wear and also look at the bottom of the lift latch rod (#2 in the IPL) where it passes through the slot. If either of these pieces are worn or bent enough to prohibit positive locking, a heavy attachment such as a snowthrower will cause the rod to pop out of the catch.

07R10016.jpg

jragan

Ummmm.... I think you meant 310, correct?

Anyhow...... under the left side cover (remove the 4 fasteners and guide the panel up over the lift lever) you will find the latch bracket (#41 in the IPL below) bolted to the side of the hoodstand. Check the "catch" at the end of the slot for wear and also look at the bottom of the lift latch rod (#2 in the IPL) where it passes through the slot. If either of these pieces are worn or bent enough to prohibit positive locking, a heavy attachment such as a snowthrower will cause the rod to pop out of the catch.

07R10016.jpg

thanks I am not really sure what one it is, I will post a pic as soon as possible most likely tomo, thanks for the info it makes sence. I never really knew how popular these tractors were until it broke. I only bought it because my friend said it was a good tractor.