stevebo

Bucket List 420 LSE Added to Collection

Jake Kuhn

Nice Score! Looks like it cleaned up nicely.

• Like 2

WHX??

Nice Steve.... looks good with that Sr. ... you have that early/late model thing going fer sure!  An LSE is on every fanatic's bucket list for sure!

I take it the Fasenal thing went smooth??

• Like 2

312Hydro

That's great! Always nice to see a dream come true.Many years of enjoyment to you. Really looks good.:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

T-Mo

Great story, Steve.  I'm glad it found a new home and I'm sure it will be well took care of.  Congrats!

• Like 2

elliot ness

Wow nice score,:greetings-clappingyellow: and great collection. Lucky man you are.:bow-blue:

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Looks great Steve. Glad to see it arrived so quickly. Sorry I couldn't help with shipping. But hey, you got it a week earlier :)

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Looks great Steve, might have to add on to the barn, she's getting full. Lol.

Glenn

• Like 2

ACman

Enjoy , glad to see everything worked out . Wish I could've helped more . 

• Like 2

russellmc301

nice, that is what you call a stable:text-goodpost:

• Like 2

Irv

Very nice! Congrats! Try some wd40 on the steering wheel.

• Like 1

cleat

I cleaned up my hubcaps with chrome polish rubbed in with aluminum foil.

Buff that off well then apply more chrome polish to inset areas and clean with a nylon brush in a dremel tool.

Buff that off then apply a coat or two of good wax (I used Mothers).

They look like new, your steering wheel may as well.

If the outer rim on your steering wheel is leather, I would get some saddle soap and massage it in with a brush then apply a coat of leather conditioner.

• Like 2

Ken B

Nothing really got the leather on my 420's steering wheel to look good, that is until I busted out some black shoe polish. I applied it and hand buffed it. When done it left no residue on my hands. (With all them fine shoes I see you in you gots to have some layin around.) I have some of the best leather cleaner and conditioner you can buy. (not available at stores) I might be able to spare a few squirts... You really want some on the seat to replenish the natural oils in the leather. If the leather is dried out it will crack. Looking good. 

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I just got this chrome cleaner polish last month. This is hands down the best chrome rust cleaner polish I have EVER used. period. Trust me that I have tried them all. Every trick. My brothers bike the passenger footboard cover was rust like you never saw. applied this. barley rubbed it in and off. super amazing results. I just wish I took before shots. 

trust me on this.

Glenn

20160606_221125.jpeg

20160606_221037.jpeg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
forgot picture. lol
  • Like 7

stevebo

I did some more clean up on this machine. I fixed the dent in the flywheel screen and changed the front wheel bearings. I need a new set of tie rods. Anyone have an NOS set they can bring to the show? If not, I will buy a set there and install them when I return. Here she is cleaned up a little more and a picture of the tie rod I need. 

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6157.JPG

• Like 4

19richie66

Very nice Steve!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: score Steve.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Phatboy
2 hours ago, stevebo said:

I did some more clean up on this machine. I fixed the dent in the flywheel screen and changed the front wheel bearings. I need a new set of tie rods. Anyone have an NOS set they can bring to the show? If not, I will buy a set there and install them when I return. Here she is cleaned up a little more and a picture of the tie rod I need. 

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6157.JPG

Hey Steve BEAUTIFUL TRACTOR !!! Hey wheelhorseman1000.com buddy for the tie rod end ,, he makes really good ones... Im sure you know who he is,, i got a new set of tie rods and ends for my 310-8 and they are alot more heavy duty than the original...

• Like 2

ACman

Two questions?

#1 Is this tractor accounted for in the LSE registry.

#2 Is the original owner's dealership listed in the dealer registry 

• Like 1

stevebo
13 minutes ago, ACman said:

Two questions?

#1 Is this tractor accounted for in the LSE registry.

#2 Is the original owner's dealership listed in the dealer registry 

Don't know either one... Where do you find the number? It is not on the hood plate and the serial number behind the shifter is pretty well faded 

• Like 2

Aldon

That cleaned up great. Nice tractor to add to an excellent collection. Congrats!

• Like 1

ACman

@USAFPJ has a count going and current owners , and may have other ways to identify. @Shaner has it in the registry , it's the last tractor listed so you may want to update UASFPJ on ownership change . Could you contact shaner about his uncle's dealership information.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Stevebo , Very nice score. Try the following on the steering wheel. Get some Black Shoe dye. Coat leather real go , let dry for about an hour. Then apply black scuff coat . Let that dry and then coat with black shoe polish. Let it dry for an hour , then buff with an old white tee shirt. For extra shine split on rag works great, or warm water. You will have a spit shine steering wheel.:)

• Like 2

muz123

Awesome score Steve!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Someday ill get me one...

• Like 2

c-series don

Please stop posting these pics, they are making me Super Jealous!!!! I want one so bad! I would have had enough money to buy one if kids didn't have to eat EVERYDAY and go to college, jees the nerve of the kids these days.....

• Like 5