elliot ness

John Deere 112 Rebuilt top to bottom

ClassicTractorProfessor

I must say that even though I'm not a big fan of green & yellow machines, that is one BEAUTIFUL 112...looks like he did an excellent job on the restoration...nice score :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Terry M
1 minute ago, Professor1990 said:

I must say that even though I'm not a big fan of green & yellow machines, that is one BEAUTIFUL 112...looks like he did an excellent job on the restoration...nice score :text-coolphotos:

I second that!!:)

• Like 2

fireman

Very Nice! I'd kill for one in that condition. I've got a super rare attachment that's just itching to be mounted on a 110 or 112. It's called the Buccateer. It was made by a company called Research Products for John Deere.  I have only seen two others.

IMG_6719.JPG

DSCN0735.JPG

359521.jpg

• Like 3

RedRanger

I've always loved the headlights in that era of Deere!

• Like 1

JC 1965

Really nice lookin tractor.    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Very sharp looking tractor. I'm an all brands fan myself. :wh: may be first in my book, but I definitely appreciate the quality of all vintage equipment. Especially when they're fine looking like that! 8-) 

I'm curious though, could you fill me in on the winch mounting? I've got one of those hand crank one's and a box of steel cable I picked up on clearance. Just been looking for a clean way to mount it to the trailer. I like what you have set there... but it looks like you crank while standing on the trailer?

• Like 2

WHX??

Excuse my ignorance of JD's guys but what year would this be? Does look like it would have been one heck of a worker in its day! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Front griil/headlights kinda reminds me of a 953???

• Like 1

RedRanger
6 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

Excuse my ignorance of JD's guys but what year would this be? Does look like it would have been one heck of a worker in its day! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Front griil/headlights kinda reminds me of a 953???

Made 66-74 I believe.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

68-74... Pretty sure the 66-67 years were round fender, not flat.

• Like 2

elliot ness
1 hour ago, CasualObserver said:

Very sharp looking tractor. I'm an all brands fan myself. :wh: may be first in my book, but I definitely appreciate the quality of all vintage equipment. Especially when they're fine looking like that! 8-) 

I'm curious though, could you fill me in on the winch mounting? I've got one of those hand crank one's and a box of steel cable I picked up on clearance. Just been looking for a clean way to mount it to the trailer. I like what you have set there... but it looks like you crank while standing on the trailer?

No I stand off to the side on the ground, and reach over the rail and crank it. I bloted the winch and the center pulley, I didn't want to weld on my new trailer. If you want I could get pics?

1 hour ago, CasualObserver said:

68-74... Pretty sure the 66-67 years were round fender, not flat.

Yes you are correct, 68 to 74 for the flat pan 110 and 112 series tractors. They were and are good GT's but a bit harder to work on then Wheel Horses.

elliot ness

Got to run the JD-112 today for the first time since it was rebuilt, run it for about 2 hrs, and going to change the brake in oil. lubed every thing and set the carb. and it purrs like a kitten. Going to sell it soon and by a few more Wheel Horses.

S3700006.JPG

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

T-Mo

Just for clarification, the 66 and 67 112s were round fender.  In 1968, they went to the square fender design, and kept that design until 1974.  In 1975 the 110 and 112 was replaced by the 200 series.  Changes were made throughout the square fender production run, to include a beefier frame, different lift options, upgrading to a Kohler engine option, etc.

• Like 1

Johndeereelfman

I'm going to take a stab at it and say the year of this 112 is a 1970.  If I'm correct, the type code on your serial plate would be T0652, and your serial number will fall between 180,001-225,000.  

Very nice tractor Elliott. 

• Like 1