mmmmmdonuts

PTO Clutch Plate Raider 12

mmmmmdonuts

Had a few questions on the PTO clutch. Just got a new clutch facing for my Raider 12 and am trying to get it install properly and am running into some minor (I hope) issues.

1) It looks like there is a c - clip that is used on the pto sleeve (pic 1 and 3). I didn't see one in the manual but didn't know if one should be there or not to hold the clutch plate from moving to far when installed?

2) The transmission belt guard does not sit flush with the frame anymore like I believe it should. It has been welded (pic 2) at least once to try and make sure it stays as close as possible but it is not completely flush. Is this critical for operation of the PTO?

3) Because of this the rivets hit the belt guard when mounted. I was thinking about putting washers as a spacer to give the pto plate space from belt guard. Would this be a problem or should this work?

Any other thoughts or suggestions. Thank you.

IMG_20160613_061911.jpg

IMG_20160613_061841.jpg

IMG_20160613_061907.jpg

IMG_20160613_061856.jpg

daveoman1966

1st of all, there is not a C clip to hold the clutch on.  It is held on by 2 separate retainers as shown in the attached pic.  The 4 little bolts go thru the clutch plate and thread into the face of the crankshaft pulley

2nd...you need to hammer flat the back side of the rivets of the clutch plate. 

3rd.... the belt cover must clear that belt, and the back side of the clutch.  You'll have to remove the belt cover and weld (braze) it back into its original shape, then you can shim it (or slightly bend it ) back to original position. 

PTO PULLEY 1a).jpg

• Like 1

mmmmmdonuts

Alright. Thank you for the help Daveoman. I appreciate it. I will do my best to get it welded back together in working order. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• the jeep driver
      By the jeep driver
      My daughter was using the Wheel Horse rider to mow, I was push mowing.  She drives over to me and says, "Dad, the blades aren't turning." I look at the mower, she's got the blades engaged (lever forward) but nothing is moving.  I disengage the blades, and re-engage... nothing.  No movement from the belt nor clutch.  Then I notice the smell, and look closer, the belt is so hot is melting on the clutch.  Or rather, the clutch is so hot it's melting the belt.  Melting occurred. 

While the clutch is disengaged, I can spin the clutch freely; and whilst it's engaged, it won't move. 

So, what did I do now?  Peter told me to lube that needle bearing, but I couldn't find a write up/how to anywhere, so I was putting it off until after the leaves were done falling in the Fall.  I haven't taken anything off yet, other than the pins that hold the pinion and such, and the little brake pad.  I see there are two snap rings, assume they come off, and then the assembly slides out as a whole? 

Some pictures of the clutch, can anyone tell if it's usable from them?

• decvt79
      By decvt79
      My 1999 270H with 48” deck is having an issue getting power to PTO.   Checked PTO with jumper to battery and it worked fine and I’ve actually been cutting grass using the jumper for awhile.  I checked power from PTO switch to PTO and there is none.  I checked PTO switch and it appeared OK but I replaced it anyway and still no power to PTO.   Then checked brown/tan wire leading to switch and there is none.   Could the issue be the NMIR module and is there a good way to check it.  If bad, where is the best place to get a replacement and do other brands/models have NMIR a modules I can use.    Also, would suppling battery power directly to PTO switch and bypassing NMIR result in switch working.
    • trident
      By trident
      Need some help. My 800 Special has an electric PTO. It is not working. Checked Ohms - nothing. My questions are 1) how does the PTO come off and 2) can they be rebuilt? I took the bolt out that I thought holds it on but no luck. Must be something more?
    • BMW1
      By BMW1
      What direction does the front PTO Pulley turn on a wheel horse D180 with a Kohler K482 as you face the front of the tractor?

I want to get a hydraulic pump for a Johnson 10 loader I will be mounting to tractor and want to make sure I get a pump that rotates the correct direction.

• AndyZ
      By AndyZ
      Operator manual #A-5274
      Wiring
      6 pages 7.31MB

Illustrated parts list link
      Use the 1970 parts list for the Raider 10 model 1-6051 and Raider 12 models 1-6251 and 1-6253 with the following exceptions
      For 1970 electric clutch use Electro 12 model 1-7255
      2 pages 282KB
      We also have the 1971 tractor parts manual that followed

1971 Raider 10 model 1-0300 - (1-0300-6) - Uses HH100-115145C with magneto ignition (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)

1971 Raider 12 model 1-0310 - (1-0310-6) - Uses K301S-47407C with breakerless magneto ignition (This model also made in Belgium) (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)