LJCVT

Swapping out Eaton model 7 for Model 11

LJCVT

Looking for any help that can be provided in terms of replacing my Eaton 700-015  Hydro on a 1986 312-A tractor to a heavier duty Eaton 11 Hydro motor. Any one have any ideas on the struggles that I might face in terms of adapting the 11 to fit the gear case where the 7 mounted, also the issue with linkages would be an issue?

Also in terms of purchasing an Eaton 11 is there perhaps an alternative to go with such as a sundstrand Hydro that would be a better choice?

The current Eaton 700-015 is toast and I have to do something so any ideas are helpful.  A new Eaton 7 is going to cost anywhere from $800.00 - $975.00 depending where I get it from.

Thanks.

19richie66

I believe the Sundstrand is the older hydro and is getting hard to get parts for.. The 1100 is the one you want. As far as swapping, I cannot help you there. I have two 418's with the eaton 1100 and they are beasts. I see on ebay, Joe's power equipment has them every now and then and sometimes free shipping. Not sure how he does it with that large stuff.

shallowwatersailor

Swapping the transaxles/transmissions is straight forward. But the linkages will be different. It might be easier to just find a replacement tractor, like a 400-series, and then part out the 312A. Most 400 series will have the 8" rims in front as well.

JAinVA

LJCVT,

An 1100 Eaton should be a direct bolt up to replace an Eaton 700.The 312a I have seems to have the same shifter cam as the1100 in my 520 and 416h.The Sunstrand will require a different shifter setup than the Eaton's.Don't bother with trying to get a 700 up and running.The 1100 series is the way to go.Joes Outdoor power equipment can hook you up with any part.He is a vendor here and is a great source of used parts.Luck,JAinVA 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

LJCVT

JAinVA

Can you give me the exact model number of the Eaton 1100 series that you have on your 312A please? Looking on Eatons website there are quite a few choices. Also as the 1100 is intended to drive auxiliary equipment what have you done with the inlet and outlet ports?

Thanks,

JAinVA

ljcvt,

I think there has been a misunderstanding here.The 312a I have has no provisions for a filter or any other auxiliary functions.As far as I know the 312a never came with anything but an Eaton 700 transaxle.If you swap out to an 1100 you will need to figure out the hydro lift ports on your own.I believe if you link the two ports you will be okay but that is Kentucky windage on my part.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA

sorekiwi

I did the swap on a 516, but I did switch the whole transaxle, not just the pump.

It was just a bolt in.  At the same time I switched out the electric lift for the hydraulic unit that was on the donor tractor.  I did have to switch one of the shifter linkages as well.  I was surprised as the linkages look very similar.  I dont remember the details but I am thinking it may have been a slightly different length.

• Like 1