Sign in to follow this  
314hydro

1996 314 hydro, 48" snow plow problems...HELP!?

314hydro

can anyone help me? im from elkhart, IN and am in need of a rear axle mount for my 1996 hydro, it has the Eaton 1100 hydro rearend, bought a set of homemade ones off ebay, but they would not work, no matter which way i tried to put them on...any help would be greatly appreciated, we got about 4 inches last nite, maybe more, and im dying to plow , thanks for any help. im new to this site and feel very welcomed, stephan in millersburg is a really nice guy, very helpful with limitless knowledge...first time user to any site like this...but wow...where have i been..i guess looking for help in all the wrong places...btw..i have a newer style long frame plow and 3/4 bar at the rear of the plow does not go to the outside of the frame! my email address in crazyhoosier@verizon.net

Attached Image

post-4-1229730027.jpg

Sparky

Can we see a picture of the rear axle bracket you tried to use?

If you do need one their on e-bay all the time but are kind of expensive this time of year.

And of course..... :hide: .........

Mike.......

Sparky

Well I just scanned E-bay and there are no used ones for sale. I thought that was strange :hide: .

But there is a guy selling brand new ones on e-bay but their kind of expensive. But if you gotta have one right away he might be the way to go.

Mike........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toro-Wheel-Horse-Dozer...p3286.m20.l1116

WheelHorse_of_course

:hide: of the repro you have - maybe it can be used in some way.

By the way, the connecting bar is optional, so if your only problem is spacing take it off.

Rollerman

I talked to Eric a while last night....seems he has bought this kind on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/wheel-horse-wheelhorse...1QQcmdZViewItem

Due to the extra webbing on the Eaton 1100 hydro's around the axle tubes it doesn't sound like he can move them together close enough to grab the 3/4 bar at the center of his plow frame.

Since he has a later style plow frame too...it has the welded 3/4 bar without the exposed ends like the earlier design that lets you use either style of rear axle bracket.

Kelly

If you still need a axle bracket, send me a PM or Email I have a few of them.

314hydro

first off, let me say thank you for the :D .....i ordered the rear axle mount today...part # 104659-01, i sure hope its the right one for me, they got a couple on ebay for 109, i paid 93, with two day shipping from shoptoro.com... thanx a bunch stephen from millersburg for all your help and kelly i don't need one now...hopefully... i cant wait til tuesday, ill plow dirt if i have to :hide:

Attached Image

post-4-1229826970.jpg

bitten

314hydro :hide:

Glad to hear you found the part you needed and hope it works for you.

P.J.

KyBlue

Glad ya got it ordered... Hope it works for ya!!

WheelHorse_of_course

Nice to get the Christmas present you really want, eh?

:D:hide: :banana: :horseplay:

:hide:

314hydro

wow...you gotta be shittin me??? 96 dollars for a rear axle bracket from toro and not only was it late being shipped, but it didn't come with any of the hardware...the closing brackets..top flat stock to mount to the axle, what a crock!!! all i wanna do is play on my damn tractor and i just can't see it in my future....regretfully there will probably be a 96 314 hydro for sale on here soon....im soo damn frustrated :hide::D:omg::hide: :omg:

Rideawaysenior

Toro has really stepped down when it comes to the Wheel Horse Parts. I found out the same thing a couple of weeks ago however just read your post today otherwise I would have said something sooner. To the bright side, you have a new unmolested hitch. Be prepared though, the hardware is not cheap either if I"m not mistaken. If I were you, I'd get the lock arms, and buy the scres at my local hardware store.

When I needed to replace my lift cable, I was given a rediculous price. I went to my local hardware guy and bought some garage door wire and made my own. Works just as good too.

Sparky

So here's an idea. Return the one one from TORO and hit "Buy-it-now" on this one on E-Bay. $63 shipped to your door ready to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheel-Horse-Quick-Conn...A1%7C240%3A1318

It has all the hardware and just needs a quick shot of red paint.

Good luck.

Mike.........