TIGman

Foreman's pulling tractor

TIGman

Now guys sometimes I have some high level"Government Jobs" to weld on....

The Foreman's pulling tractor. ;)

I welded up the exhaust pipes, aluminum gas tank, etc.

Please forgive the brand name on the tractor, but it is the right color and has a 25 hp Kohler twin in it.:)

IMG_20160611_102814863.jpg

• Like 7

TIGman

The next tractor he builds I'll buy him a set of Wheel Horse decals !!!!

• Like 4

DougC

Funny how the boss's  toys are more important than the jobs that pay the company payroll and keep the doors to the business open........:lol:

• Like 6

953 nut
2 minutes ago, DougC said:

boss's  toys are more important than the jobs that pay

Years back I worked for a company who's owner collected vintage cars. He ordered a "Tar Top Battery" for one of the cars through the company; the day it came into the office a fork lift had a dead battery, we used his precious battery to get the day's production onto a trailer and on the road, he was not at all impressed with our ingenuity. Battery was wrapped with cardboard to be sure we didn't mar it, but still, we had used The Battery!

• Like 8

Digger 66
38 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Years back I worked for a company who's owner collected vintage cars. He ordered a "Tar Top Battery" for one of the cars through the company; the day it came into the office a fork lift had a dead battery, we used his precious battery to get the day's production onto a trailer and on the road, he was not at all impressed with our ingenuity. Battery was wrapped with cardboard to be sure we didn't mar it, but still, we had used The Battery!

N I C E !   rock_zpstrtgjvyx.gif

• Like 4

squonk

Worked at a Chevy dealer and the owner's son was a spoiled brat. He had a restored 66 Chevelle at the shop one day and a big thunder boomer was coming. To make room in the shop to protect his car, he drove a brand new just cleaned up for delivery pick up out to the lot. Well the storm hit with some good hail. The new truck got some minor damage. after his mom (the owner) got thru with him she turned him over to the detail guy. We nick named this guy "Manson" :) He carried him out to the back lot and stuffed him into the trunk of an old malibu on the auction line and left him there! :)

• Like 4

DougC

I've worked for 4 Chevy dealers in the last 42 years and every one of them had super spoiled children with less than the normal  IQ's.......  Accident prone as well, kept the body shop busy!   :lol:

• Like 1

WHX??

Is a nice lookin puller tho & Cases aren't the worst...better than a JD ... sounds to me like you are sucking up to the boss! :ychain:

• Like 2

TIGman
1 hour ago, WHX61/3 said:

Is a nice lookin puller tho & Cases aren't the worst...better than a JD ... sounds to me like you are sucking up to the boss! :ychain:

Would you believe I have to weld up the cutting edge on the shop owners lawnmower and brush hog blades so he can resharpen them..... ;).

AMC RULES

Well yeah...you want to get paid don't you?  :ychain:

• Like 2

TIGman

After all this time, I'm finally figuring out that when you are a Welder you are everybody's friend. lol ;)

ACman

People look like I'm crazy :blink: when I tell them I used to weld in the nicks and corners of the blades before sharpening. 

• Like 1

TIGman
On 6/15/2016 at 11:39 AM, ACman said:

People look like I'm crazy :blink: when I tell them I used to weld in the nicks and corners of the blades before sharpening. 

I plan on doing that on the blades for the 875.  Will tell you a welding tip, I clamp the blade down on a piece of copper plate and then TIG weld the edge. Weld on the copper side turns out flat. ;).  Those are the owner's Brush Hog blades!! lol

IMG_20141227_102837.jpg

IMG_20141227_104915.jpg

• Like 3