wheelhorseman

1533 Bearings?? No problem

unfortunatly i can only like this once :happy-jumpeveryone::bow-blue::greetings-clappingyellow::dance::thumbs::text-thankyouyellow:

also, i like the little details on the seals, 1533 and whm1000:lol:

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 6

How much? 

Never mind. Found the price.

Edited by rmaynard

7 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

How much?

If you really need one, . . . . . . . . . . PRICELESS! 

• Like 1

I gotta ask ..where on earth did you get them!

Lowell,

All I can say is amazing!!!!! I have to note  that having bought from you before, these bearings are something to rival your other products and that is saying something.I may not need any now but I may purchase some as insurance.Well done.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 7

OK, I am going to sound stupid but what are these for ?

They are for the 8-speed trannys Cleat and are no longer available anywhere else. Nice job Lowell.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cleat said:

OK, I am going to sound stupid but what are these for ?

Cleat here is one example                http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/37713-1533-bearing-substitution/#comment-336566

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

They are for the 8-speed trannys Cleat and are no longer available anywhere else. Nice job Lowell.

:thanks: for selling me your last used bearing for reference Irv so I didn't have to tare one of mine apart -  as it turns out it multiplied :text-lol: 

• Like 4

Nice to see someone step up to the plate and make things happen. Thank you for doing this!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Irv said:

And the 3, 4 and 6 speeds. All the Unidrives with the 2-piece case up until Wheel Horse couldn't get them anymore. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rmaynard said:

How much?

Never mind. Found the price.

If you have to ask, you haven't needed them and searched everywhere for them.

Just visit his web page and try not to drool on your keyboard.

• Like 4

Great job Lowell.

Is the price for individual bearings or a pair. Inquiring minds want to know. 

Do you have a good number of them Lowell? Looking forward to seeing you at the Show!

@Racinbob has @stevasaurus seen this yet?? Funny he hasn't chimed in yet....

Edited by WHX61/3

The description reads....

Just remove the seals and install!

That's not been my experience. I had to split the case in order to get to the bearings...

But yeah, thanks for making these available. :)

Only thing you can do without spliitng cases is change the seals Cheetah...splitting the cases is most of the fun anyway!

More reference on this bearing folks ... this is just one of many threads here. No one, here anyway, would have ever thought in their wildest dreams, me included, would have thunk it that these would be NOS again.

Edited by WHX61/3
spell
  • Like 1

That's my point. The description makes it sound like you just pull the seals and you can replace the bearings.

Actually, you don't have to remove the seals to replace the bearing (assuming they are ok).

I don't know Jim. I'll bet he will before the day is over.

Cheetah I think you're misinterpreting what he meant by that. :)

I'm wondering if he is referring to the black seal of the bearing? Wouldn't it have to be removed for oil to get through it?

• Like 1

I'm thinking Lowell already knows/assumes you have the cases split to find out your 1533's are toast :)

Which brings up another ? Lowell, should a guy just take out the inside seal or both? I would think both to allow some 80/90 to get out and lube the outer axle seal??

After reading @C-101plowerpower's post I did't notice your handle on the seal! Good eye Koen...

Richies got the same thought...oh no I'm in trouble...:huh:

Glad to see this got pinned ...in an hour I will have forgotten who has them! :wacko:

Ok, I see what's meant by "pull the seals and install" now. The bearings themselves have seals in them when you purchase them, and those need to be removed before installing. 

• Like 1

The original 1533 are closed on one side only so I'd say just do the same. :)

1533 Bearings.JPG

• Like 1

OUTSTANDING LOWELL !!!!!   :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

Here is where they go...  :)  Just in time Lowell.

2008_0717STEVE20001.JPG

• Like 5