• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mkueb
      Does anybody have a good source for replacement front wheel bearings for a mid to late 1970's D160 wheel horse tractor?  There are two push in bearing units (inner and outer) per wheel.   I first attempted to replace with standard bearings but quickly found out these are not standard sizes.   It's been a while since I check and I don't completely remember,  but I think the wheelhorse bearings where something like 1/16" of an inch larger OD than a standard catalog bearing.   At the time,  I remember finding bearings but they wanted somthing like $100 for each bearing.   I was able to located two bearings and did purchase them for a reasonible price,  but am still looking for two for completing the set.   The part numbe ron the two that I was able to locate is 104396.   If anybody has any ideas,  I would appreciate.

Thanks
      Marc
    • By Horse playing
      Hello, everyone and thank you in advance. I got bit by the bug a few months ago and bought a 1974 b 80  the rod broke, about a month after i bought it. So to keep my 4yr old mowing i picked up a c120 auto and i was going to change rear wheel seals pulled the hub to find the axle moves up and down and side to side about an 1/8"  what's involved in put in new bearing and does it need to be done now or a winter project. Thanks  

PS sorry about the grammar
    • By arminer8
      I have a snowblower that has a bad bearing inside the auger on the chain side. Took it apart, and now I can't find a bearing like the one I need! One thing I need to know is if these parts are metric or American? If it is American, it is a 3/4" inside diameter, 1 5/8" outside diameter, 7/16" width. Anybody have a place they get them? Near Rochester, MN. It is a model 53321 snowblower I think as the model # plate is really scratched up. 

• By WHX14
      Well maybe not for free but on a budget! Some of you old timers  may already know this trick.
      I wash my horses & decks alot. Almost after every mowing i wash the tops of the decks off and have underside quick wash connects installed on all of my mowers. The price I pay for all this cleanliness is usually payed back in the form of noisy deck pulleys, idlers & spindle bearings. Hence I have been known to spend a small fortune on pulleys & idlers that, for some, can be 40-to 50 bucks a wack. So after finally figuring out that these things just have common bearings in them that could be replaced if they weren't welded in tighter than a buxom beautie in a brass bra!!
      Alas no more....
      First step is wire brush the offending noise maker so you can identify where it is spot welded together. Usually a dark spot or a dimple marks the spot. Center punch the spot, notice the symetrical patern of the welds.

Next drill out the welds starting with 1/8" bit then 1/4". proceed to 5/16' if it appears that 1/4 " did not take out 90% of the weld.

Next position the pully on a block of wood and separate the halfs.
      Use a small cold chisel.

It may take a bit of effort to separate them. If the half bend a little they can be hammered strait after apart.
      Remove the bearing & drive out the bushing if it has one.

• By WHX14
      When going thru my front end I decided to replace the front wheel bearings, the real common 1 3/8" x 3/4".  After getting a set of four off ebay they came with the grease seals on both the outside and inside. Question is should I remove the seals on the backside and continue to grease thru the zerk or let them ride as sealed bearings? My inclination is to let them ride as sealed bearings.