ronhatch

42" SD DECK ISSUE

ronhatch

I've been working my way through several minor problems with my newly restored C-101 this mowing season. One of the last issues is the concentration and clumping of the grass clipping exiting from the deck discharge especial if the grass is a little long. I've been mowing every 4 days just to keep the clumping to a minimum.

I solved the same problem several years ago on my '66 B-10 AC by making a 6" cut in the top of the deck starting at the discharge opening and close to the front edge. I then bent the front edge forward about 3" and then welded a pie shaped piece of metal in the resulting 'V' gape. This opened the discharge which allowed the grass clipping to exit in a very nice fan pattern. Has anyone else solved this problem in a simpler way? Maybe adding 'wings' to the right/last blade?  

•  

Edited by ronhatch
  • Like 1

tarcoleo

Great idea.  Have the same problem with my 48" SD decks.  Got pictures?  What about the

cross piece at the exit of the deck.  Do you use the chute extension?  Thanks in advance.

-Tom

Edited by tarcoleo
Additional questions.

JC 1965

I have the same problem with my 42" side discharge mower deck. Very interested in your fix. Keep us posted and     :wwp: