Amcwheel85

Last minute C-81

Amcwheel85

Well I seen this the other day but figured it'd be gone before I had time to go get it... Well I decided to try tonight... Got home late but my try was successfull even if my kids had to sleep in the truck! Lol it has a sweet rear discharge deck on it and it badly needs a degrease and hand wash... Maybe wd40 bath also... But big problem is that something is broke in the engine... Won't have time til this weekend to get to it between work and my son having surgery Thursday... But I guess I will eventually see what the problem is... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

prondzy

Great score! Hope all goes well with the surgery

• Like 4

Amcwheel85

Thanks a lot! He's only 4 and doesn't take medicine well so... Gets his tonsils out.. And as far as the tractor it needs alil surgery itself but for what I paid I'm still happy with it...

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, prondzy said:

Great score! Hope all goes well with the surgery

Ditto!

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

looks to be a good worker. Put the seat in the ugliest seat contest going on.

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Once I get the engine fixed it will go to Tennessee with me and maybe mow yard til I restore it. Hopefully. 

Edited by Amcwheel85

dells68

Take care of little man on Thurs.  If he's like Emory was when he was put to sleep to remove his adenoids (also when he was 4), he may cry as he starts to come around.  Emory just wanted me to hold him.  Nothing like your little one needing you!  Also, nice tractor!

• Like 2

Achto

Nice score! Best wishes to your son.

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Thanks for everything guys! I got my fingers crossed that my son does good and then my C-81 does good on its surgery also! 

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1

Amcwheel85

I think if I can keep this tractor I would like to restore it with the deck and put some tasteful custom touches to make it pop. Haven't decided exactly what yet but...  

rmaynard

:icecream: Plenty of this for the little guy. Kids heal so quickly. Back in 2012 at age 11, my grandson had open heart surgery. He walked out of the hospital on his own 4 days later.

Good luck on both your son's and your C-81's surgery.

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

Wow! Hope your grandson doesn't have to do that again! Glad he came out of all that in good health! As for my son I will have to deal with a lot crying for a day or two... My daughter did well after hers but two totally different kids lol. Thanks a lot Maynard! 

Amcwheel85

It got a quick bath today and this weekend the deck will come off, then the motor will get torn apart..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

ericj

nice tractor and good luck to your son on his surgery. my daughter who by the way just turned 19 had 3 open heart surgery by the time she was 3. and numerous other surgeries in her life. she walked the length of the picu the day after her last heart surgery. needless to say she don't much care for hospitals now. kids are stronger then we give them credit for, or like they told us, they don't know it's supposed to hurt like we do 

eric j 

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

Thanks Eric! And another major surgery survivor! Good for her.. And I don't blame her for not liking hospitals anymore! 

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Decided today what I wanna do with the C-81 so the deck is off and up for sale. Once I get this restored I'm gonna do chrome wheels with ags and skinny tri bar fronts and some other small touches to clean up the look. It's gonna be the main cart puller... 

image.jpeg

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 4

Amcwheel85

Got a few things done today. Out enjoying the weather so I got the C-81 out and cleaned up under the back fenders, underside of the hood, and backside of the wheels. Not even gonna tear into this engine as thanks to funengineer I bought the k181 from him to replace this one with! So just getting it cleaned up and ready to run! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1

hm12460

Very nice! The Commando 800/B-80/C-81 are my favorite models.