TIMOTHY McCLELLAN

310-8 ROLL OVER

82Caddy

I'm not sure why you are yelling (the all capital letters indicates you are upset or angry), but glad you are alright.

• Like 5

19richie66

I must be the only one that appreciates all caps. My eyes aren't what they used to be even with glasses. Glad you are ok though. Could have been a whole lot worse.

• Like 9

dcrage

Glad you are OK -- And is your seat switch functioning, this is the kind of thing that it is designed for!

• Like 5

DougC

Glad you survived  uninjured. Wheel Horse running, blades spinning, upside down against an LP tank with you stuck under it!!!

Sounds like something Steven King would write a book about.  Would be called The Last Explosion.  :confusion-seeingstars:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Sounds like you're living proof...

of Devine Intervention.    :blink:

Glad you lived to tell the tale. 

• Like 4

953 nut

Truth be known, a few of us have had garden tractors on top of us. Mine was a partial loss of traction going up a steep grade, when it caught traction it flipped over backward on top of me. This was a light weight MTD so I was able to crawl out quickly, Had it been a :wh: I might not have gotten off so well. Lesson learned, don't accelerate and pop the clutch when you loose traction going up hill! @TIMOTHY McCLELLAN. What did you attribute your accident to?

• Like 2

ACman

Glad to see your ok :confusion-seeingstars:! I'll have to make sure the boy still has all the safeties hooked up on my equipment . Believe me , I know. It's just that one moment of time , and you have no idea when it's going to happen to you :shhh: . Try to keep it safe out there.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, dcrage said:

Glad you are OK -- And is your seat switch functioning, this is the kind of thing that it is designed for!

My thoughts exactly...Better check them out - that's what the switches are for...

Very glad you are OK!

• Like 4

Lee1977

It's happen to some of us. I backed in to a fence post and my 312-8 climbed it. I only had time to jump off didn't have time to stop it from turning over.

But I did get pictures. Scratched the paint on the fender a bent the seat a little. Had to remove the grader blade but the C-120 didn't have enough traction to turn it back over. Had to get the Ford Explorer to turn it back over.

SAM_0634.jpg

SAM_0633.jpg

Lee1977

SAM-0634.jpg

SAM-0633.jpg

Replacing my pictures to my post above.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8ntruck

A Ford 8N I used to own taught me a lesson a while back.  I had borrowed a 8' disc (too big for the tractor, really) from the neighbor to disc out my garden after plowing.  When I was finished, I lifted the disc and headed out of the garden.  I had left a dead furrow at the edge of the garden.  Not wanting to bounce the front wheels through it, I threw the clutch in and coasted into the dead furrow.  Eased the clutch out and the front wheels came out just fine.  Coasted the back wheels into the dead furrow, then eased the clutch out to climb out.  The tractor rotated around the rear axle until the raised disc hit the ground, then climbed out.  Standing up and leaning forward did nothing to prevent the rotation of the tractor!  Saved by the disc becoming a wheelie bar.

Moral of the story - The tractor obeys the laws of physics, NOT what you think should happen.  Pay attention and think about what might happen when operating on ground that is not flat and smooth with good traction.   

• Like 1

Lee1977
On 6/7/2016 at 2:30 PM, 19richie66 said:

I must be the only one that appreciates all caps. My eyes aren't what they used to be even with glasses. Glad you are ok though. Could have been a whole lot worse.

I drew Blue Prints for over 40 years caps were all we used, they are much easier to read and a lot easier to print by hand.

• Like 1

rjg854

Happy to hear you came out unscathed @TIMOTHY McCLELLAN