Thatoneguy

New Wheel Horse Owner.

Thatoneguy

Hello everyone my grandfather gave me a 1976 C-120 Automatic. I want to put a front push blade on it eventually but i do not exactly know how it would mount to my tractor. Any pictures or info would help! Then i can proceed to buy the blade.

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum mower.  :)

• Like 1

Thatoneguy

Hi! I am going to post some pictures this evening so everyone can have a look! its not restored or anything but i would like to one day with my Nephew!

• Like 3

russellmc301

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the Harvard for wheel horses:ROTF:

• Like 4

gwest_ca

Here is the blade sold in 1976 but any blade for a long frame Wheel Horse from 1973 up to the last in 2007 will fit. Sorry we don't have the operator manual for this one.

Somewhere along the line they increased the width from 42" to 48".

Here is the last one to fit with an operator manual.

Garry

• Like 4

Thatoneguy

So i need to buy the one with the long frame? Does it just hook up to the attach a matic system that my 36in deck is attached to? I have the original paperwork that came with it also the deck paperwork to. I have really been enjoying the tractor! i have even looked at buying another one but there are not many to offer where i am located unless i drive a long way!

Edited by mower
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

It will attach to a bracket that is like an attach-a-matic that is attached to your rear axle at the end and the lift handle in the middle.  BTW, Welcome to Red Square :)

Your snow blade will look like this..

2012_1102B100SNOWBLADE0002.JPG

2012_1102B100SNOWBLADE0006.JPG

2012_1102B100SNOWBLADE0007.JPG

• Like 7

Thatoneguy

Do you know where i could find this bracket that will attach to my rear axle.

WHX??

Snow blade??? in Texas??? C'mon man!!

:WRS:

• Like 2

Thatoneguy

HAHA! its mainly for playing in the dirt at my Deer Camp. I also want to get set up for the plow that goes on the back but i want to get this blade done first! I do alot of firewood cutting and i am sure i could find a log to push around!!! :)

• Like 5

953 nut

:WRS:    post a wanted ad in our classified section, you may get lucky and find one not too far away.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Actually, @Fun Engineer (Dave) has a couple for sale.  Click on this link...go to page 6, post #136 and the 13th picture.  You can contact Dave by PM (personnel message).  That is not a bad price either.  :)

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thatoneguy

Here are a couple pictures of it. I had it all cleaned up but i take my daughter riding on it every evening and she just loves it! Thank for all the help everyone! I hope to have a collection one day as big as some of the people on here do!!

KIMG0108.jpg

KIMG0107.jpg

• Like 7

dells68

Nothing better than riding with the kids!  Nice tractor and welcome to:rs:

KC9KAS

@mower :WRS: Thanks for the photos! :thumbs:

Thatoneguy

Thanks everyone! I want to get new rings put in it. It smokes when it is idling for some reason and i plan on getting new rings put in it one day! i just keep my eye on the oil level tho! I am uploading a video now of my Nephew mowing some serious grass with it! i will provide the link shortly for everyones enjoyment!

• Like 5

WHX??

Nice mower....:handgestures-thumbupright: just be advised that we have a few good members here from the lone star and they all complain about the scarcity of horses down ther. Now thats an misstatement ... no horses in Texas!?!?! Hang with us hear tell Fastenal  ships them cheap!:lol:

• Like 1

Thatoneguy

Ha! I haven't seen too many of  them around. Most people i ask about them don't have any idea at what they are! If only someone close had a Snow Plow!

tbarnhart

You've got one of the rare '74 model Techy powered C-series tractors. Most of them would have had a Kohler K-301. I've got the big brother, a '74 C-160 with the OHV 16 hp Tecumseh. Great engines as long as the solid state ignition keeps going.

• Like 1

WHX??

And a guy with a big brown truck can bring you parts!

• Like 2

Thatoneguy

I had to put a new Carb on it. I believe my grandpa told me it was a '76 and the original owner (a 2 star general) bought it down in Kerrville, TX.

1 minute ago, WHX61/3 said:

And a guy with a big brown truck can bring you parts!

I just love that guy! I bought the rear bracket that the plow attaches to just a few minutes ago on E-bay! You dont want to know what i went thru to get the carb here!!! Lets just say the wife wasnt happy!!

What i really would like to know is how to hook linkage up so i can raise and lower things i may hook up to the rear of it.

• Like 1

buffaloman

I like the cup holder but it seems a little to far to reach, I figure its for coffee since its above the muffler to keep it warmed. :)

Edited by buffaloman
  • Like 2

Thatoneguy

It just rattled down. I used that at camp to hold my brewskie!! I put some foam in it for shake resistant! I mowed 4 hours!!! Whew i was whipped!

• Like 4

roadapples

:WRS:

• Like 1