Sign in to follow this  
ishmael1980

Deck for 310-8 needed

ishmael1980

Hello All,

I am in need of a deck for my 1989 310-8 (Model 21-10K806).  It had a 37" side discharge and I'd like something that size or a little larger.  Can anyone tell me what decks will fit this tractor? Does it need to be a deck from a 310-8 or will other decks fit?

Thank you,

Bob

stevasaurus

I think any deck from 1973 "no names" and "B" and "C" series will fit.  :)

• Like 2

ishmael1980

Thank you for the quick response.  Do you know if all of the 300 series decks will fit the 310-8?

dcrage

There are no "300" decks -- There is only Wheel Horse decks -- And as Steve said any Wheel Horse deck from 1973 forward (designed for WH Garden Tractors, i.e. horizontal shaft engines) will fit on the 310-8 -- Now you probably don't want to use the 48" deck and you for sure won't be able to use a 60" deck -- While both would fit onto your tractor, they would require more 'umph' than the 10 HP Kohler could supply reasonably

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hey Dave, I have a 48" side discharge mower deck on my 1972 Raider 10...and the Raider handles it just fine...even higher grass.  :)  I would not put a 60" deck on though.  :)

• Like 2

dcrage

I stand corrected -- I was wondering is someone was going reply in exactly the way that you did Steve -- In my defense I always think of the "hay field" that I mow at my Dad's place and it is all my 310-8 can handle with a 37" SD in Low range/1st gear -- But then really who is trying to mow 3 ft tall fescue bluegrass yards?

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

I sometime use the Raider over at my Mom's...it is usually 6" or so when I get to it, but it goes through it.  I just have to run over the clippings a couple of times, but that is in 3rd gear.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

carlsbarn2

Neighbor selling his Workhorse & 48" desk  400.00