Jump to content
TIGman

V twin engine

Recommended Posts

My foreman says I should put this 18hp

Briggs& Stratton V twin in my 875. :handgestures-thumbupright:

This is one he is in the process of building up for one of his pulling tractors. ;)

IMG_20160603_081633155.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 HP, that would make it an 1875, I like it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they work when my foreman gets done with the motors I would be pulling wheelie's with the "1875" lol ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIGman,

        Go for it.Just make sure you have wheelie bars.Years ago I had a Speedex and a good friend  back flipped it.The sight of the steering wheel bouncing off his chest 45 years out still haunts me.Both survived but man what a sight.Luck,JAinVA

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JAinVA

I think I'm going to leave that engine and wheelie bars to my Foreman. ;)

I have helped him alot welding up things for his pulling tractors. Like gas tanks, exhaust pipes, etc.

IMG_20160324_132851887.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   TIGman,

         The one thing I have not commented on is your welding.Outstanding!!!! I had the honor of working with some talented certified welders over the years.Guys that could weld with mirrors to see their work.I learned a lot from them.Nice to see that pride in working with one's hands still exists.Luck,JAinVA

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome welding, I play with the Tig basically just butt welding and fair with Mig and stick, never took any real classes, just Vo-AG/FFA and what I can learn in the machine shop at work,and play machinist too all on job training no schooling,Jeff.

  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff,

   I have seen some of your fabrications and they are very well done.I would be proud to say I did them.That may not count for much but you definitely have my respect Luck,JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAinVA said:

Jeff,

   I have seen some of your fabrications and they are very well done.I would be proud to say I did them.That may not count for much but you definitely have my respect Luck,JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

Thank  you very much sir, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and we all should be blessed to use what God gave us to the best of our individual or collective abilities just like this forum what 1 doesn't know another can jump in and help out tto get the job done,Jeff.

Just now, JAinVA said:

Jeff,

   I have seen some of your fabrications and they are very well done.I would be proud to say I did them.That may not count for much but you definitely have my respect Luck,JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

Thank  you very much sir, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and we all should be blessed to use what God gave us to the best of our individual or collective abilities just like this forum what 1 doesn't know another can jump in and help out tto get the job done,Jeff.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Awesome welding, I play with the Tig basically just butt welding and fair with Mig and stick, never took any real classes, just Vo-AG/FFA and what I can learn in the machine shop at work,and play machinist too all on job training no schooling,Jeff.

Believe it or not, only school classes were High School and Junior College.

And all they taught you there was Arc and Gas welding. Like you say,the rest was all on the job training. 38 yrs in Tool&Die, 19 of that the Full time welder.  I seem to weld alot of "Government" for people .....lol ;)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff,

   I agree with your comments but calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an out house,doesnt fit.We are all here to learn and help.I have followed a lot of your posts becauseI I think you have a lot of real world knowledge to share.Luck,JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Jeff,

   I agree with your comments but calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an out house,doesnt fit.We are all here to learn and help.I have followed a lot of your posts becauseI I think you have a lot of real world knowledge to share.Luck,JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va 

Jim ,I reckon that's just my "hillbilly" upbringing to try and treat everyone with respect, and my wife tells me she ain't no "Ma'am" either but hey you can take the hillbilly out of the hills just can't take the hills out of the hillbilly ,by the way my first name is "William" but momma never called me by that unless I was doing other than what I should always been "Jeff" or "Jeffrey" as long as I can remember...and my dad is "Jim" or James...Thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIGman,

   One of the photos you posted  looked like stamping die but it was aluminum.Was it for a composite lay up or was it something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Awesome welding, I play with the Tig basically just butt welding and fair with Mig and stick, never took any real classes, just Vo-AG/FFA and what I can learn in the machine shop at work,and play machinist too all on job training no schooling,Jeff

37 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

   TIGman,

         The one thing I have not commented on is your welding.Outstanding!!!! I had the honor of working with some talented certified welders over the years.Guys that could weld with mirrors to see their work.I learned a lot from them.Nice to see that pride in working with one's hands still exists.Luck,JAinVA

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

Thank's for the compliment. :)

All I can say is I'm not the best, but I sure do try. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TIGman said:

Believe it or not, only school classes were High School and Junior College.

And all they taught you there was Arc and Gas welding. Like you say,the rest was all on the job training. 38 yrs in Tool&Die, 19 of that the Full time welder.  I seem to weld alot of "Government" for people .....lol ;)

Tigman my coworker here has been at the factory for 45 yrs 30 of them Tool&Die maker and Blacksmithing on the side has made 1/4 scale civil war cannons in his home shop so yes it's not all schooling you learn as you go everyday,Jeff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff,

   I wasn't trying to bust on ya! Most of us who were raised in the country have the same level of respect.I have some really nice next door neighbors but I won't go there unless the husband is home.Just the way I was raised.Country values are in our blood.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim , all's good I appreciate your thoughts/respect on my skills ect,...Tigman good luck with your project/restoration keep us informed/updated and yes you have wicked mad welding skills,Jeff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An example of Jeff's work...which is obviously much better than my picture uploading ability. 

 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig, shucks man you finished that bumper/weight bracket to make it look that good :bow-blue: I just had a vision then cut milled drilled the steel...:text-thankyoublue:,Jeff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×