DP 59

Looking to buy first tractor at Big Show.

DP 59

Are there major differences in those 2 tractors besides horsepower ? Can they both be used for the same job 1 just does the plowing easier if weighted properly?

953 nut

With the area you have described you will get the job done with any 10 or 12 HP :wh:. Chains and loaded tires with wheel weights and you will be amazed at what they will do. Here is a picture of my driveway that I plow with a 10 HP 010.JPGn.

• Like 7

DP 59

Got it

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Pretty much the differences between "B" and "C" series...the rear tires on the "B" are smaller.  Otherwise same horses, 10 and 12 hsp.

My B-100

2012_1102snow0002.JPG

My friend's C-121

2010_0721janasaurus0002.JPG

• Like 4

DP 59

Is there anywhere to look to see a side by side , year to year chart on upgrades made to the WH lineup for somebody new to this American pastime ? 

stevasaurus

I don't think there exist any upgrade charts, but you could look at all the different manuals in the manual section.  This chart may help you there.

• Like 1

roadapples

I think you`re making this harder than it is. I`d just wait until you see what`s available at the show. There will be plenty to choose from, and plenty of help from the guys here. Everyone is going to have different opinions on which one they like best. Kinda` like Fords or Chevys, and blonds or brunets. When you see it you`ll know... Hope to see you there..

• Like 3

DP 59

yes i think your right, Roadapples. im starting to overwelm myself with INFO!!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

@roadapples...that is an easy one...chevys and blonds.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 8

DP 59

A huge thanks to Marshall, who couldn't have been more helpful with his vast knowledge of the c120 that I purchased . Everyone I met or talked to was friendly and helpful in a family sort of way!! I hope I will use and care for  my tractor till I'm 95 like the former owner did . Thanks WH family!!

• Like 4

T-Mo

Nice tractor.  Congrats.

• Like 3

prondzy

Nice score your going to love that :wh:

• Like 2

DP 59

Thanks , wish I didn't have to leave the show only after 8 hours . Can't wait till next year!!

Do the lawn mowers outside of Lowe's and Home Depot make you feel as proud to be an American as these Wheel Horses do!!!

• Like 4

russellmc301

:woohoo: on the horsey

• Like 1

DP 59

It's even cleaner than I first thought.

image.jpg

• Like 1

DP 59

image.jpg

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Excellent choice.  :)

• Like 1

DP 59

This tractor makes me want to be outside more than ever , I see  a lot of yard work in my future , and I've only had it home since Fri night ! I really haven't used it at all yet . A load of crab grass in the cart I bought today off clist. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

mels

Why'd ya take your hubcaps off?

• Like 1

DP 59

I got to spend some time on two of them, spent 70$ on 4 ,at the big show, 2 are ok 2 are rough maybe sand them and polish up the steel and clear them.

userj8670
16 minutes ago, DP 59 said:

I got to spend some time on two of them, spent 70$ on 4 ,at the big show, 2 are ok 2 are rough maybe sand them and polish up the steel and clear them.

Before you go crazy sanding them let me recommend a product called Quickglo.  http://www.quick-glo.com  .  I recommend going on YouTube and seeing how it works.  I love this stuff and it works miracles.  I am not affiliated with them what so ever - just think it would save you a lot of trouble! :)

• Like 3

DP 59
11 hours ago, userj8670 said:

Before you go crazy sanding them let me recommend a product called Quickglo.  http://www.quick-glo.com  .  I recommend going on YouTube and seeing how it works.  I love this stuff and it works miracles.  I am not affiliated with them what so ever - just think it would save you a lot of trouble! :)

Thanks I will try that first . Has any body seen cream , or linen painted caps . That blend into wheels ?

• Like 1

RedRanger
16 hours ago, DP 59 said:

This tractor makes me want to be outside more than ever , I see  a lot of yard work in my future , and I've only had it home since Fri night ! I really haven't used it at all yet . A load of crab grass in the cart I bought today off clist. 

image.jpg

Why in the world did you buy Crab Grass????  :ychain:

Very clean tractor.  Is it original or a previous restore????  Love the nice seat too!

• Like 2

userj8670
3 hours ago, DP 59 said:

Thanks I will try that first . Has any body seen cream , or linen painted caps . That blend into wheels ?

Please post up some before and after pix.  Also the tech line is of great help.  I was most recently turned onto this product

• Like 1