jay bee

Need help identifying this Snow Plow

jay bee

Believe it or not, I took this plow off a C-145.  Whoever put it on there didn't do any fabricating to the plow or the frame of the C-145.  All the ingenuity was through some chains and bolts.  Everything mounted up pretty good and seemed to work just fine.  He also did not do any fabricating to the plow.  It looks as if it is original.  I have no idea what it is supposed to fit.  When I first looked at it I thought it might be off of a Farmall Cub, but looking on the internet I didn't see anything that would link it to a Farmall.

The plow is 50" wide.  It is about 60" from front to rear.  The mid-mount is 36" back from the plow and the rear hangers are 58" back from the plow.

I would like to sell it, but would also like to find out what it fits before I try. 

It is all tubular frame and the red paint seems original.

160522_003.jpg

160522_004.jpg

160522_005.jpg

160522_006.jpg

160526_001.jpg

160526_002.jpg

160526_003.jpg

160526_004.jpg

160526_005.jpg

160526_006.jpg

160526_008.jpg

160526_009.jpg

160521_002.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

Power King/Economy? Perhaps?

jay bee
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Power King/Economy? Perhaps?

What in particular leads you in that direction.  I'm not questioning your opinion, just wondering what stuck out about it that triggered the thought.

Thanks,

Jim

WVHillbilly520H

The framework and mold board size, there's a fellow nearby that has a collection of PK tractors and attachments where I just picked up my farm all wheel weights, it looks the part but may not even be close just a suggestion,Jeff.

jay bee

Thanks Jeff.  Appreciate the info.

Jim

WVHillbilly520H

Made it over to the fellow with all the PK attachments, reckon I was wrong, I'll post a pic, but your blade may very well be a Snapper/ MTD of 70/80s,Jeff.

IMAG2227.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

Made it over to the fellow with all the PK attachments, reckon I was wrong, I'll post a pic, but your blade may very well be a Snapper/ MTD of 70/80s,Jeff.

IMAG2227.jpg

jay bee

Thanks Jeff.  I really appreciate the extra effort you put in.  I'll try to explore the Snapper/MTD lead. 

Jim

WVHillbilly520H

Jim no problem thought I would give it a shot ,I know it's not CUB CADET(grew up on those) or any JD I've ever seen and it really doesn't fit the Simplicity/Allis Chalmers/Duetz Allis framework either ,but there was so much stuff made by MTD with slight variations through out the years ,then the older Case (like the 440 series) and White brand L&GTs of the 70s-80s, which I have very little knowledge of, but I do know Snappers and Massey Ferguson of that period were red from the factory if that is original paint, I know even more confusing but at least you have all the bases covered now,Jeff.

jay bee

Thanks again Jeff.  I am pretty sure the paint is original.  Again, you give me something to look into.

Jim

• Like 1