can whlvr

whats up with salesmen today

can whlvr

so at my new job they have given me the go ahead to purchase a new john deere loader,im lookin at a 3033r,a 33 hp sub compact,with a loader,debris bucket with clam,and front mount snow blower,it about a 40,000.00 dollar purchase.ya its not like a 500,000 combine or a large 400 hp tractor,but its still a reasonable sized purchase,ive been to my local dealer 2 times and cant seem to get the time of day,the sales man says hes super busy ill call you.so I called 3 other dealers and they wont give me a quote,they say they don't want to go into another area to sell.WHAT THE FRIG ,I want to get a Kubota but they are pricy and too far for service,its crazy too me,if I were my money jd wouldn't get a penny,and we have 3 other machines from the same dealer so they know were serious

• Like 1

953 nut
8 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

Kubota but they are pricy

Around here the Orange ones are a bit less than the Green ones, must be the duty coming into :flags-canada: is higher for Kubota. Too bad you can't buy on line and thumb your nose at them. Can't emagin they are too busy to make a simple $40K sale.

• Like 1

N3PUY

I was buying Yamaha parts from a dealer 30 miles away.  He sold them to me cheaper than the dealer down the street.  I asked him why his price was lower.  His reply was "If I'm going to make a sale to you I have to do something better than the dealer in your home town."   Maybe sales aren't competitive with JD franchises.   Where I work now we try not to cross boundries with our sister stores.  

• Like 1

slammer302

Its a shame that customer service isn't practiced like it used to be. I've noticed this trend at alot of business. Who would of thought that it would be so hard to give money away. lol   

• Like 1

Achto

Do you have any Massey Ferguson dealers up there? In my opinion they make a nicer compact than JD. Not sure how they price out up there, around here they are right in range with JD most times lower than JD. Not a huge Massey fan in general but I am impressed with their compacts.

• Like 1

squonk

Find out who owns the place and give them what for. Then call the JD area sales manager and do the same.

• Like 1

russellmc301

sounds the same my dad and mom went car shopping and the salesman wouldn't even give them the time of day.

so they lost a pretty nice sale.

• Like 1

Coadster32

Strange indeed. I pulled into a chevy dealer a few months back to check out the new camaro. I pulled in and parked my 1979 camaro right next to it, in really nice shape, was there about 10-15 minutes checking out the car. This was right in front of the showroom window...nobody came out. I left without speaking to anyone. Not really interested in buying one, but still don't understand it.

ACman

Tell your boss just because it's green , doesn't mean it won't break and it's not made by JD anyways. Not one USA tractor brand builds their own compact, and haven't scene the seventies if I recall. If you can't even get them to talk to you , what do you think their service department is going to be like . IMO , JD is overrated  :whistle:  and always has been and that's not because I was born with orange blood either. I like all tractors but there's something about them that makes me ill. :sleeping-drool:  :chores-mop:

9 hours ago, achto said:

Do you have any Massey Ferguson dealers up there? In my opinion they make a nicer compact than JD. Not sure how they price out up there, around here they are right in range with JD most times lower than JD. Not a huge Massey fan in general but I am impressed with their compacts.

I'd try Massey Ferguson also . They are owned by AGCO , which is the worlds largest AG company .

• Like 1

c-series don

I know of a guy who pulled into a Mercedes-Benz dealer in an oil truck(home heating oil). The windows in the showroom let all the salesmen see this. This gentleman not only drove the truck but also owned the company. He was looking to buy his wife a NEW car, and after 10-15 minutes walking around the showroom NOT ONE of the salesmen got up to help him. It was after one of the mechanics noticed the guy there for some time he asked if he could help him. When the mechanic tried to bring him to a salesmen he said" No I want to buy the car from you!" Only then did the salesmen get involved as well as the owner of the dealership. The owner stated that only salesmen get commission, not the mechanic. The oil truck driver then said, "it is very unfortunate that your mechanic cannot receive the commission he deserves. Now no one gets one," and he left. I believe his wife is now driving a BMW!!! 

• Like 4

can whlvr

well an update,my bosses want a deere,its close to us and they are trading in a 35 year old deere that has been very good to them,it still works well and has a lot of grunt for pushing,just cant lify much,and it needs some work and has stsrted to cost some bucks so its time,id buy kobota if it were my call,the dealer finally gave me a quote today,said hes been selling like crazy as some deals are about to end,and hes selling very large tractors and combines as we are in a large agricultural area,50,000 grand for a 33 hp tractor,thats with some goodies,we don't have many massy dealers near me,case international,kubota and deere are the most popular,and beside the deere dealer the next closest dealer is probally 30 miles from my job,too far for service and parts,and we know its gonna need service and soon,i have 50 acres of debris to clean up so shes gonna get worked real hard,we are getting a grapple bucket with it to make this happen,anyway well see how she holds up

• Like 1