Sign in to follow this  
bluelinehiway

New for Me 522xi 60" mower questions

bluelinehiway

Picked up a 2000 522xi with a 60"  (model 78395) deck. Test mowed with it today as part of my going over the tractor and I have the following questions I hope someone can help me with.

1) deck belt "rattles" against the deck when I engage the pto. I haven't removed the shroud over the spindle to check the idler pulley yet but could the idler spring tensioner be weak or mis-adjusted?

2) How have others addressed the discharge chute rattling against the deck top? Rubber button? Length of self adhesive foam/rubber gasket?

3) Where can I find an owners manual for the mower? Maybe I'm computer illiterate but I couldn't find accessory manual for any decks, blowers, etc

Initial review on this tractor is it's a great tractor. Moving up from a 1067 and a 310-8. So far so good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

bluelinehiway

Uh oh....what good is this topic w/o pics?

New Horse and my old Horses (and one stray Speedex)

I love RED tractors..

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

PICT1733.JPG

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Some answers to a couple of your ?s...#3)TORO.com with your deck model and serial numbers or right here on RS under manuals and download your operators manuals tractor/deck and other attachments and engine...#2 is your deflector chute spring tensioned or "friction" tensioned with bolts and plastic/fiber washers which can be tightened up or replaced, sorry can't help you more, my diesel Xi only has 48" deck crazy I know should have been the 60",Jeff.

bluelinehiway

Really EXCELLENT Garry!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!

WV...spring tension. Thought maybe a rubber stop for the chute could rest on or some type could act as a vibration stop.

WVHillbilly520H

I'm sure a thin strip of rubber glued between the deck and deflector would help as well as couple rubber bumpers installed where the slotted holes are next to the deflector hangers might do the trick,Jeff.

doc724

You should have a rubber bushing on one side of the chute.  It keeps tension on the chute side to side.  People leave them off because it i so darn hard to get the chute on.  Check the parts lists and you will see what I mean.  The belt rattles because the tensioner is binding.  The spring might be fine but there are two plastic bushings under the slide that the slide rides on.  These bushings may be worn.  Bushings are less than $2 each