Upper Canada

What would you pay for his RJ?

Upper Canada

Thinking about buying this RJ.  I have gotten the seller to lower his price, but I want to know what Red Square members think is a reasonable price for this RJ.  Any input is appreciated.  

ad_1464393960290.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

250-350

wallfish

Definitely looks like a good score.

The hood isn't cut for that larger engine (which I'm guessing is a K141 or 161) but they did move it up and back. Decent front rims are a plus, that's an early deck with the square gear covers and were also used for earlier RJ-35s. Doubt that's an original tank because of the bolt in front of the cap for a strap. Fenders and toolbox were an option, not standard on the RJ-58 so it's not like they're missing, just not there. Worth more if the belt guard is there and probably a little more because of your location.

Upper Canada

@wallfish  Well he says I can take it for $700 canadian which is around $550US.  But also I will be spending about $140 in gas to drive there and back home.  

I did not notice the larger motor now that you mention it.  I have a suburban that is still sitting waiting for me to restore and it has a 8hp techumseh crammed in it and the hood got cut a bit for clearance of the spark plug.

Racinbob

I don't think that's out of line. It's surprising that whoever put that motor on it didn't just cut the hood. As it stands it's a simple thing to install a correct motor and put the hood back where it belongs. :)