AlwaysLookin80

Old wheel horse dealer still open

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for sharing. I doubt if many original dealerships are still in business.

• Like 2

howell1000

AWSOME!!!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Does look like a fun place to visit.    :greetings-waveyellow:

Thanks for sharing the :wh: experience with us. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
51 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Manus Mowers in Royal Oak, Michigan. Still going...

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Have you included them here?  :scratchead:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
12 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Manus - Yes.

AlwaysLookin80
59 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I just added them right now.

• Like 1

Phatboy

Pristows tractor and equitment sales,, in johnstown PA,, 15904,, is a original wheel Horse dealer and is still open ,, and still services WH , and sells all the parts...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

mabsoon

Will have to visit with them :) my wife teaches in Griffith :)

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Very awesome!! Thanks for taking us with ya!!

elliot ness

Great post, Thanks for sharing.:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

TDF5G

:text-coolphotos:

That's a great pic with the 4 :wh: pulling the wagon.  I wonder how he did that?

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

I think the two in the front were pulling all four. If you look it looks like he had a steel frame holding them all together. Pretty clever 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I still do business  with one up here. And it is on the list. They still have many parts for them.  Not sure if it was in the 50`s but I do no that it was in the 60`s.

• Like 1

Flatheadpete

My grandfather bought my 856 new at Atherton Rd. Sales and Service in Burton, MI.  They're still there and still stock many parts for our old steeds.  The manager was thrilled when I brought the original purchase receipt from Aug 1966.

Edited by Flatheadpete
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Terpstra’s is the Wheel Horse dealer my dad used for years!  Located in Griffith  Indiana.   The RJ58 is located in front of the office and in 1940’s and 50’s Terpstras was a Feed and Seed Store.  Farm related seeds, fertilizer, feed for animals and even chicks were sold on the concrete floor (under the current tile) in the same spot as the RJ!   

That RJ has a number 5 on the label on the frame.  I never got to ask if that was original but I do Know Terpstra’s  made millions off of Wheel Horse Sales and too this day still sell Toro and lots of other outdoor power equipment! 

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

post-339-0-13086300-1394738862.jpg

Terpstra’s is the Wheel Horse dealer my dad used for years!  Located in Griffith  Indiana.   The RJ58 is located in front of the office and in 1940’s and 50’s Terpstras was a Feed and Seed Store.  Farm related seeds, fertilizer, feed for animals and even chicks were sold on the concrete floor (under the current tile) in the same spot as the RJ!   

That RJ has a number 5 on the label on the frame.  I never got to ask if that was original but I do Know Terpstra’s  made millions off of Wheel Horse Sales and too this day still sell Toro and lots of other outdoor power equipment! 

The photo is from a parade at Florida Flywheelers in 2010 of “Morts Wild Horses” with a horse pulling four horses in a metal frame rig. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

AMC RULES

Not sure why the links I posted above to our very own :rs:dealers list got broken but I'll post it here again just in case anyone has something new to add to it.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

FB_IMG_1571866965909.jpg.4831eda3660cbd2b35e14006e17e3635.jpgLast I knew, D.J. Harrison aquired all the rigging to put this team of wild Horses back into action.

FB_IMG_1571866975703.jpg.0e21c96be90ae7958b497d3d41be8254.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Ahead of the Curve

Heindl Implements 

1140 West Vassar Rd

Reese ,MI  48757

(989) 868-4149 is still in business. They sold a Wheel Horse 414-8 to my wife's Grandparents. 

They were the oldest (1955) Massey Ferguson dealer. They also sold Wheel Horse , Toro, Argo and Bush Hog.

Just picked up belts for the 414-8 last week.

Thanks, Tim

IMG_20210320_152401554.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac

Picked these up. Dealership work shirts and jackets.

20210419_150741.jpg

20210419_150702.jpg

20210419_150337.jpg

20210419_150353.jpg

20210419_150344.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977

Killians Hardware and Outdoor Equipment, Hickory, NC is still open been in business for 68 years.

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

Manus Power Motors in Royal Oak Michigan went out of business September 30, 2020... 72 years... Former :wh: dealer.

:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

ohiofarmer

Paul and Eldon Erdman Bought the former American Farm Store in Arcanum Ohio. They were Do it Best and HWI dealers.  After moving from a small hardware store in Eldorado Ohio thet bought this bigger store about the footprint of a TSC store. They always had a Wheel Horse display at the Darke County fair,  which was a little "state' fair in size and stature.Phillipsburg Hardware also had an exhibit.and has been out of business for ten years or so.. i happen to live midway between those two, with Arcanum Hardware being bought out by Orme Hardware.after about fifty years ownership by the Erdmans , who still has a Toro franchise as well as Stihl.. Glen Ely was a very long term employee who worked there when he could at least to age 99. Glens children went to my little school which averaged 70 graduates a year in the baby boom years and 55 today..

There were many wheel Horse dealers around this area, and i am guessing it might be because the Ponds enabled smaller operations to go to the factory to pick up their orders. Nowadays, a franchise has bigger floorplan requirements i am sure.

• Like 2