Ed Kennell

Pa Ice Storm

elcamino/wheelhorse

Crazy weather for May . It was in the 80 's down here today . We may hit 90 on Friday. Monday it was in the mid 50's for the high. 

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Been hot and humid here...tornadoes and large hail all around us last night...chance for severe storms every afternoon for the rest of the week

• Like 1

roadapples

Saw that on the news last night Ed, global warming I suppose....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

It's gonna be OK, as long as Mother Nature...

gets it out of her system before the big :wh: show.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 6

Ken B

Have you ever got weather like that in the past this late in May? :scratchead:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

We have had summer hail storms before  that covered the ground, but never accumulated 2-3".  Luckily the hail was relatively small (marble size) and didn't do much damage to vehicles.

The storm was only about one mile wide and maybe ten mile long, but in its path, most vegetation was stripped of its leaves.

A lot of gardens, fruit trees, and winter wheat crops were ruined.

Due to all the rain we have had the corn and soybeans were planted late and were just starting to sprout, so they should be OK.

Zeek

Crazy . . . that's why I have to get out this frozen h3!! hole and move south :unsure: 

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2

clueless
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Crazy . . . that's why I have to out this frozen h3!! hole and move south :unsure: 

Zeek, Racinbob, one can't wait to get down here, the other can't wait to get back up there, go figure.

Chris in Florida.

• Like 1

DougC

An almost June winter storm.    :no:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
14 hours ago, Zeek said:

Crazy . . . that's why I have to out this frozen h3!! hole and move south :unsure: 

Zeek maybe you and I should trade houses. I don't do very good physically in the heat. We have 4 seasons in Richmond , it can get cold in the winter but not for long, not much snow. The other 3 season are warm , warmer , hot, hotter and damn this heat and humidity. Something to think about.

• Like 1

can whlvr

that's strange for sure,up here Tuesday it was in the 80,s so we didn't give give you this one

• Like 1

Zeek
On 5/25/2016 at 9:31 AM, clueless said:

Zeek, Racinbob, one can't wait to get down here, the other can't wait to get back up there, go figure.

Chris in Florida.

Yes, we have talked.  I try to keep in touch the Florida guys :confusion-helpsos:

On 5/25/2016 at 10:28 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Zeek maybe you and I should trade houses. I don't do very good physically in the heat. We have 4 seasons in Richmond , it can get cold in the winter but not for long, not much snow. The other 3 season are warm , warmer , hot, hotter and damn this heat and humidity. Something to think about.

Hmm, my problem  (kind of) is that different states handle state pension taxes differently. PA and FL are no state taxes.  Otherwise I love VA!  Moderate temps,beautiful scenery. I spent some "quality time" at the Quantico exit.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Quantico Exit , FBI training or FBI holding tank ? Just kidding. Humidity not bad that far north of Richmond. Come on down in August and learn what sweating really is.