Sign in to follow this  
wallfish

K90

wallfish

I picked up a K90 for the RJ58 and discovered that the ignition coil is junk. It looks to be over heated and cracked in a couple places. I have a running K91 with gear reduction and want to know if I can swap the coil and carb.

Does anyone know where to find info/parts for the K90, all I can find is K91 stuff?

Thanks

K90 S

spec 2730A

s/n 247595

TT

For the sake of this discussion, they are basically the same engines internally, and for the most part, very similar on the outside.

The biggest difference is that the K-90 was rated at 3.6hp @ 3600rpm, and the K-91 was rated at 4hp @ 4000rpm.

Chances are - depending on the year of the K-91 - the ignition systems will be different. The K-90's generally use a magnet rotor mounted directly to the crankshaft, independent of the flywheel. The K-91's I have been around all have the magnet mounted to the underside of the flywheel. The different style ignitions require corresponding bearing plates.

Theoretically, you should be able to remove everything from the K-91 and bolt it to the K-90 block. (bearing plate, magneto, and flywheel) I have never attempted this, so I can't guarantee that it will work.

The carburetor is a direct bolt-on swap though. :hide: