Wildhorse

655 Restoration / Mods

cschannuth

Was this just on EBay?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Auction ended early Saturday afternoon...

sold for like $525ish, I think here in NY.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3

RedRanger
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Auction ended early Saturday afternoon...

sold for like $525ish, I think here in NY.  :confusion-shrug:

That would be a deal!  Couldn't finish one to that condition for that cost.

The paint looks great.  Aluminum Wheels...new tires....seat cover....decals...dash looks great too.

Could easily drop $1000 making it look like that.

Wildhorse

1,000 doesn't even cover paint job. Chrome mower deck coming soon.

Edited by Wildhorse

dells68

Ok Wildhorse, I'm lost here.  Is this your tractor?  Is it the same one that was on eBay?

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Is it the same one here???  :scratchead:

Wildhorse

Yes, I picked it up off eBay. Deal of a lifetime! I'm gonna try and bring it to the show in PA at the end of June 

RedRanger
12 hours ago, Wildhorse said:

1,000 doesn't even cover paint job. Chrome mower deck coming soon.

If you got it for $525 as stated in post #3, you stole it.

$1000 for a paint job is a little crazy though.  A bit of an exaggeration in my opinion.  :blink:

Why is it posted in the for sale section already if you just bought it?  Easy flip?

I'd say a 655 in original form may be a collectible to a true fanatic, but once the engine is replaced and the tractor over restored to this level, you're now looking for an individual that just has to have that tractor and is not concerned with originality.  Harder sale and a good reason it went so cheap on Ebay.  It's a buyer's market.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty, but probably cost more to build than it's currently worth.

• Like 1

Wildhorse
19 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

If you got it for $525 as stated in post #3, you stole it.

$1000 for a paint job is a little crazy though.  A bit of an exaggeration in my opinion.  :blink:

Why is it posted in the for sale section already if you just bought it?  Easy flip?

I'd say a 655 in original form may be a collectible to a true fanatic, but once the engine is replaced and the tractor over restored to this level, you're now looking for an individual that just has to have that tractor and is not concerned with originality.  Harder sale and a good reason it went so cheap on Ebay.  It's a buyer's market.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty, but probably cost more to build than it's currently worth.

I'm aware of the difference between original and mod worth. It's the same when someone builds  hot rod car or truck...you never can get back amount of money into it. The paint job is easy 1,000 on the low side. Take a tractor to auto body shop and get a quote on better than new paint job like this on all parts top to bottom, you'll fall over. I've done it. As for flipping it,I would at right price as I have enough Horses that are restored to original and I'm happy with those. In the meantime I'll bring it to shows so people can enjoy it. I couldn't pass it up at the price.

• Like 1

RedRanger
22 minutes ago, Wildhorse said:

I'm aware of the difference between original and mod worth. It's the same when someone builds  hot rod car or truck...you never can get back amount of money into it. The paint job is easy 1,000 on the low side. Take a tractor to auto body shop and get a quote on better than new paint job like this on all parts top to bottom, you'll fall over. I've done it. As for flipping it,I would at right price as I have enough Horses that are restored to original and I'm happy with those. In the meantime I'll bring it to shows so people can enjoy it. I couldn't pass it up at the price.

Are you talking about having the shop disassemble, body work, paint, and reassemble for $1000?  Well then I'd agree.

But who does that?

If it's disassembled and cleaned/stripped, you're looking at $200-$300 in materials and maybe $500 to spray it.

I see you pulled the for sale ad already.

Racinbob

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in person. :)

• Like 1

dells68

Please don't take this as disrespectful.  I'm still confused.  You speak like you took it apart and did or had the work done.  Then you talk of just buying it off of eBay.  You also mention a chrome deck coming for it.  Then there was the ad her with it for sale.  :huh:. I'm just confused, but that doesn't take much.

• Like 4

Wildhorse
8 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Are you talking about having the shop disassemble, body work, paint, and reassemble for $1000?  Well then I'd agree.

But who does that?

If it's disassembled and cleaned/stripped, you're looking at $200-$300 in materials and maybe $500 to spray it.

I see you pulled the for sale ad already.

I posted these pics of a great find and a beautiful wheel horse that has been done to exceptional and unique condition in order for all fellow wheel horse lovers to enjoy. I'm not sure what your infatuation is with cost of everything and my possibly selling it. It's a beautiful tractor and not one your going to see everyday. Hopefully I won't get similar negative attention at any wheel horse shows I'm able to bring it to. I joined this site in order to connect with other people who love the horses and have a positive experience not to deal with negativity. I got a great deal on a beautiful tractor, sorry.

• Like 1

Wildhorse
6 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Please don't take this as disrespectful.  I'm still confused.  You speak like you took it apart and did or had the work done.  Then you talk of just buying it off of eBay.  You also mention a chrome deck coming for it.  Then there was the ad her with it for sale.  :huh:. I'm just confused, but that doesn't take much.

It's ok. I never implied or said I did this work myself. I said it was the one on eBay and put "completed 655 parade / show horse" in caption for pics because that's what it is. I at no time said I did work myself and posted it was my find of a lifetime. Im truly sorry for any confusion and actually overwhelmed at responses. I know what a paint job like this costs and never said I did it. I'm pretty familiar with a paint shop. Your not getting the color and clear coat done in a professional booth for under 1,000 just for booth time unless it's a sub par shop, and there out there, a respectable shop will not do the job and put there name on it unless it's top notch.

As for the chrome deck, it didn't come with one and I have one that I would like to chrome and put on it.

• Like 1

dells68

Awesome!  Now I'm with you.  I wouldn't sell it if I were you.  Looks like a very nice machine and one I'd keep and put to use and enjoy. :twocents-02cents:

Wildhorse
13 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Awesome!  Now I'm with you.  I wouldn't sell it if I were you.  Looks like a very nice machine and one I'd keep and put to use and enjoy. :twocents-02cents:

Thank you! 

RedRanger
11 hours ago, Wildhorse said:

I posted these pics of a great find and a beautiful wheel horse that has been done to exceptional and unique condition in order for all fellow wheel horse lovers to enjoy. I'm not sure what your infatuation is with cost of everything and my possibly selling it. It's a beautiful tractor and not one your going to see everyday. Hopefully I won't get similar negative attention at any wheel horse shows I'm able to bring it to. I joined this site in order to connect with other people who love the horses and have a positive experience not to deal with negativity. I got a great deal on a beautiful tractor, sorry.

First off I posted that it looked great and that the Ebay purchase was a steal. I believe that was a compliment.  Members here have the right to disagree with others, so don't get all bent up over an opinion.  The discussion turned to price and money because others brought up the fact that it was a recent Ebay sale and what it went for.  You indicated a high valued paint job as if you paid for it and indicated a chrome deck was coming like you have one to show.  (still haven't seen it here).  You posted this tractor for sale on this site without posting pics. (generally not a proper sale idea).  You also posted this tractor in the Restoration/Mod area which tends to be 99.9% members posting about their own builds.  Your first statement was that it is "Completed" as if you completed it yourself.  Not to mention you are a new member here and very vague in your posting.  You might have wanted to state it was a recent purchase instead or just not say "completed" if you did not build it.  Although you believe it was not misleading, it in fact was to other members.

Maybe in the future, give a little more detail in your posts so other members are not so confused about what you're trying to present.  If anyone reads this thread, they can see how many members are confused at what is going on.

Congrats on a nice purchase and welcome to Redsquare.  Here's hoping your future posts are not confusing or misleading.

Edited by RedRanger

Cheetah

Whoever did that resto... did a FANTASTIC job!!!

I especially like how the aluminum wheels set off the red... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

Blue Delta

Dare I say it almost looks like a Lawn Ranger with the smaller front rims and tyres. Definitely not a worker with that paint!

• Like 1

Cole J.

Nice tractor, good find for $525. 

• Like 1

19richie66

For me, I don't care what it cost to build or paint. That is a beautiful machine. You got a great deal on it, now enjoy it.Thanks for sharing. It inspires. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wildhorse
On June 3, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Cole J. said:

Nice tractor, good find for $525. 

Thank you!

12 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

For me, I don't care what it cost to build or paint. That is a beautiful machine. You got a great deal on it, now enjoy it.Thanks for sharing. It inspires. :thumbs:

Thank you, glad I could share with everyone! 

Wildhorse
On May 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM, RedRanger said:

First off I posted that it looked great and that the Ebay purchase was a steal. I believe that was a compliment.  Members here have the right to disagree with others, so don't get all bent up over an opinion.  The discussion turned to price and money because others brought up the fact that it was a recent Ebay sale and what it went for.  You indicated a high valued paint job as if you paid for it and indicated a chrome deck was coming like you have one to show.  (still haven't seen it here).  You posted this tractor for sale on this site without posting pics. (generally not a proper sale idea).  You also posted this tractor in the Restoration/Mod area which tends to be 99.9% members posting about their own builds.  Your first statement was that it is "Completed" as if you completed it yourself.  Not to mention you are a new member here and very vague in your posting.  You might have wanted to state it was a recent purchase instead or just not say "completed" if you did not build it.  Although you believe it was not misleading, it in fact was to other members.

Maybe in the future, give a little more detail in your posts so other members are not so confused about what you're trying to present.  If anyone reads this thread, they can see how many members are confused at what is going on.

Congrats on a nice purchase and welcome to Redsquare.  Here's hoping your future posts are not confusing or misleading.

I'm truly sorry about the confusion and in no way meant it to be. Thank you for your compliments on tractor and I'll try and be more specific next time. Thank you also for welcoming me to Redsquare. I'm enjoying all of the members posts and help in forum sections including yours and look forward to a long friendship with you and everyone else. The comradarie and interactions on here are amazing to see. It's truly uplifting to see there's still some decent people left in the world who don't only care about themselves. Here's to many more years of enjoying the Horses for you and all.:wh:

• Like 1

RedRanger
14 hours ago, Wildhorse said:

I'm truly sorry about the confusion and in no way meant it to be. Thank you for your compliments on tractor and I'll try and be more specific next time. Thank you also for welcoming me to Redsquare. I'm enjoying all of the members posts and help in forum sections including yours and look forward to a long friendship with you and everyone else. The comradarie and interactions on here are amazing to see. It's truly uplifting to see there's still some decent people left in the world who don't only care about themselves. Here's to many more years of enjoying the Horses for you and all.:wh:

Sorry if I offended you.  Just trying to clarify and get to the point.  Welcome.

• Like 1