John1957

Toro Wheelhorse GT 550

John1957

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 2005 Toro Wheelhorse  GT 550.  It has a 20hp motor with a 48" deck and 360 hours.

Dealer wants $2000.

Doe anyone have experience with these models and thus an opinion as to the reliability of these models or if there were mechanical issues they typically have?

Does the price seem reasonable?

Thanks !!  John

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It's the 520Xi rebadged, so I assume as all the Xi owners would agree it's one the "best" TORO Wheel Horse tractors one could buy/own, price now that's all relative, dealers are out to make money I bought a non running 282 hr '99 523Dxi (23hp diesel) for $800 and $1200 for a low hour (236) but "abused" '95 520H from the same dealer same day this year, probably cheaper if bought from an individual, but if it's in "your" budget offer $1500 cash and work you way up,my same dealer still as an unsold 522xi at $5900 and won't budge yet but if your dealer is wanting move that GT550 I'm assuming he'd be willing work with,that was close to $8k new,Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

These are great tractors. I have three (518xi, 520xi, and a diesel 523Dxi) that I really enjoy using. The GT 550 was sold in 2006 and 2007. It was previously the 522xi with different decals. It also should have hydraulic steering besides the hydraulic lift.

https://www.toro.com/home/tractors/5xi/490-7196_5xi_lo.pdf

From what you said, barring any real issues, it should be a good deal at the $2K mark. The only negative to the series is that they do not use the standard Wheel Horse attachments. Their attachments are specific to the 5xi/GT 550 series and do command a bit higher price on the used market. They are out there but may take a while to find.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A super machine, IMHO for the year and hours I think the price is ok. Big, heavy duty, brute of a machine. I own a 2002 522xi, low hours. Attachments are hard to find, but persistence finds them. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Glenn

John1957

Thanks a million all for your comments!!  I am going to look at it in the AM and will let you know what happens.  Regards, John.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, John1957 said:

Thanks a million all for your comments!!  I am going to look at it in the AM and will let you know what happens.  Regards, John.

John. dont forget some pictures if you snag it.

Glenn

Phatboy

Sounds good to me ,, any 520 plus series tractor is a awesome machine in my opinion regardless of the year,, all 520's (522,,etc..) are tuff well put together,, dont think there are any tractors made in that size that are better than a 520 !!!

WVHillbilly520H

How about some Xi sales ads,Jeff.

IMAG2200.jpg

IMAG2201.jpg

IMAG2203.jpg

IMAG2202.jpg

IMAG2205.jpg

• Like 4